The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Please Advise Me On Black Ink For Official Records; Must Not Feather

black ink permanent waterproof

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:34

^I think you may in fact be getting the doctor's latitude!

Sponsored Content

#42 BlazeOrangeGuy

BlazeOrangeGuy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 19:14

^Yes, indeed.  ;)

#43 nomadhacker

nomadhacker

Abyss of Useless Information

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2016 - 21:26

All the suggestion so far have been good. But for my personal preference most of these ink leave a residue that sits on top of the paper and if exposed to liquid and humidity they tend to smear. For truly waterproof ink I always go to Platinum Carbon Black. Once this ink is dry on the paper the ink goes nowhere. No smear or smudge. 

There are those who say it fades over time, but I think that time frame will be long, long after the need for looking at the patients records.

Sorry, what?  Platinum carbon black fades?  Who's said that?  I like this ink.

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

#44 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 16:33

The only way I can imagine a carbon pigment fading is if it oxidizes or crystallizes.  If the former happens, it's probably because the document is on fire.  If the latter happens, that's generally under conditions that paper wouldn't survive anyway.

eta:  I can imagine that the ink contains dyes as well as pigments, and that the dyes could fade.  But I would think enough carbon would go down to maintain legibility.

Edited by Arkanabar, 17 September 2016 - 16:34.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black ink, permanent, waterproof

Sponsored Content

|