The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ecclesiastical Stationery Supplies Registrars Ink

essri

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:41

Hater here.  Nah, just kidding!

I have a bottle of ESSRI.  It is used as my go to ink for testing vintage pens (when I am unfortunate enough to have paid good money for one that is).  I've had no problems with it. Ever. Not even as a dry writing ink.  It seems tailor-made for vintage pens <talking about early 20th century pens, mostly flexible nibs and eyedroppers.

So, the review is a bit perplexing.

Sponsored Content

#22 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:04

How badly did it clog up pens? IIRC all iron gall inks deposit sediments over time, the trick is to flush the pen with vinegar (others say bleach). I have some sediments buildup in a cartridge where I keep Scabiosa, but has thankfully never clogged my Safari

#23 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 13:08

I use a sturdy third-tier lever pen fitted with a Cross Townsend nib and a friction feed.  Washout?  No problem.  I get all the benefits of ESSRI and none of the problems.  :)

Yes, I have many other pens, but I won't use ESSRI in them.  I just restrict ESSRI to a reliable pen I can maintain easily.

Life is that way:  choices and compromises.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: essri

Sponsored Content

|