Its Labor Day... So I Labored

jj9ball

Here are a couple of new pens that I just got done with. This is the first time I have really tried doing them as a "batch". I know other pen makers sometimes work this way. I do have to admit making three of everything made the whole process go faster. The first pen is a crushed blue acrylic that I have had sitting around the shop for about 8 years.... I kinda wish I would have used it sooner. :D The second pen is an Alumilite blank simply called "Dew'd". The third pen is also alumilite but the name actually escapes me. All three pens are around 5 3/4 long. All have sections that are about 12.5mm at the thickest. All have 14mm triple start threads. They all post fairly deep... about 1 1 /4" or so. The rings took a friggin eon to make. I always wondered why people charged more for ringwork.... I get it... I'm now in the same club. The nibs on all 3 pens are Jowo #6. All three pens are available if anyone is interested you can send me a message. I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for looking.

post-114414-0-50101500-1473032387_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-76528000-1473032397_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-00527900-1473032408_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-22511400-1473032421_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-36778700-1473032430_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-78389400-1473032439_thumb.jpg

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jj9ball

• saskia_madding

• dennis_f

• cleosmama

I love the red, green, and orange one on the bottom. The others are nice, but those vibrant colors are really appealing. I like the bands, too.

I'm with Saskia_Madding; I love the blue one. Normally I'm not a fan of blue pens, but that shade really causes the hardware to pop.

Is it just me or are the lines crisper on that one as well..?

Nice work.

D.

Beautiful pens. The green and black one (middle picture made from the Alumilite "Dew'd") is my favorite, but all three are truly beautiful. The bands do set off the pens and make them really stand out. Sorry that the bands are such a pain to make.

Forgive my ignorance, but what size nib (extra fine, fine, medium, broad) is a Jowo #6 nib?

-David (Estie).

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Beautiful pens. The green and black one (middle picture made from the Alumilite "Dew'd") is my favorite, but all three are truly beautiful. The bands do set off the pens and make them really stand out. Sorry that the bands are such a pain to make.

Forgive my ignorance, but what size nib (extra fine, fine, medium, broad) is a Jowo #6 nib?

-David (Estie).

Sorry, #6 simply refers to the size of the feed and also then relates to the overall size and curve of the nib itself. All of the pens are equipped with Medium nibs, but I also have EF, F, B, 1.1, and 1.5 available on request for no extra charge.

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

I'm more of a blue fan, so the first pen looks LOVELY to my eyes. <3

I'm with Saskia_Madding; I love the blue one. Normally I'm not a fan of blue pens, but that shade really causes the hardware to pop.

Is it just me or are the lines crisper on that one as well..?

Nice work.

D.

I love the red, green, and orange one on the bottom. The others are nice, but those vibrant colors are really appealing. I like the bands, too.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. My own personal favorite is the dark blue... its simple and elegant... even a little understated. :)

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Jj9ball,

Really sweet pens, classy and understated design, and the chrome clip and nib combination looks outstanding.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

They look stunning!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

They look stunning!!

lovely pens.. I like the green and black one the most

Very nice. The cap bands were worth the effort IMO. They add prestige to the finish.

Lovely pens...adorable , all of them.

Jj9ball,

Really sweet pens, classy and understated design, and the chrome clip and nib combination looks outstanding.

Thank you very much.

www.jandjwooddesigns.net