J. Herbin Caroube De Chypre 50Ml Ink

airline0

We currently have the latest ink from J. Herbin "Caroube de Chypre" in stock. Its a gorgeous heavily saturated ink with a mixture of dark brown and red hues completed with a sparkling gold effect.

sample.jpg

Make sure to shake the ink well before filling your pen and consider using a type of paper that is not too absorbent, to get the most out of this beautiful ink.

Retail: $26

Call: 855-565-1818

email: orders@airlineintl.com

Order Online

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr2txaggie

• Jamerelbe

• airline0

• PaganArcher

Are these Anniversary inks mainly for dip pens or do they fare well in regular fountain pens?

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Are these Anniversary inks mainly for dip pens or do they fare well in regular fountain pens?

They fare well enough, though the gold particles means they require a bit more thorough cleaning procedure.

They're designed for use in fountain pens, but you only get the "full experience" in pens whose ink channel can accommodate the particles. I've tried this in a couple of pens that got clogged (i.e. wouldn't write), and in a couple of others that would write, but no sparkles. But I worked out that a few *other* of my pens (usually stub or B nibbed pens) are more than happy to deliver ink *and* particles to paper. So yes, these inks are designed for regular fountain pens, but they won't work equally well in *all* fountain pens... And the pens you place them in will require more cleaning between uses, to ensure you clear out sparkle residue. But if you *like* the sparkles (as I do), they're well worth the effort.

PaganArcher & Jamerelbe,

Okie Dokie. Thanks for the info.

I tried Emerald of Chivor in a " regular " fountain pen and didn't get the full effect. That is why I was wondering.

I'll just make sure that I thoroughly flush my pen in between EACH refill.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

PaganArcher & Jamerelbe,

Okie Dokie. Thanks for the info.

I tried Emerald of Chivor in a " regular " fountain pen and didn't get the full effect. That is why I was wondering.

I'll just make sure that I thoroughly flush my pen in between EACH refill.

aggie

No worries - I've had the same experience with some of my pens, as indicated above. I've found that the glitter inks behave differently depending on the pen, but no clear indication of why some work better than others. It's not just the 'size' of the nib tip (EF, F etc), but also the size of the feed channels, I suspect - I have a Retro 1951 'Herringbone Tornado' with B nib that works really well, and a TWSBI Eco with B nib (swapped out for a stub). Other pens have been a bit hit and miss with these inks (I've got the entire J. Herbin range *except* Caroube de Chypre, plus a few Diamine Shimmertastics).

Yes, I didn't want to try it in one of my " good " pens, but I did put in a Lamy Al-Star with A 1.5mm nib. So, you may have something with the thought that it could be the size of the feed fhannel.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

• 3 weeks later...