What Would You Like To See Coming From Franklin-Christoph?

inotrym

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NinthSphere

• haruka337

• pepsiplease69

• inotrym

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 01, 65 & 66. I like the 65 & 66 because they remind me of the early BCHR Houston pen shapes of the 1910's-20's which I collect. I would like to see F-C make a style like the 1929 Sheaffer Oversize balance pens. Use a 7 nib.

Edited by RogerRamjet

I think a lot of FC models would look nice with a roll-stopper as an alternative to a clip. In other words, I've removed the clip from my 02 but I wish it wouldn't roll around!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have two 19s. The first is black with green bands--the Pendleton Brown edition, from the time before F-C's relationship with Mike Masuyama. The nib is Pendleton's Butter-line Stub, from an 18k broad.

I bought my twin sister that exact pen for our birthday, also through Pendleton Brown.

I have the massdrop 31 (with the black final.)

I have one of the Antique Glass ones arriving Saturday (31) and the same material in 02 with a music nib was shipped today.

My feedback:

Mandy is amazing. Excellent customer service through emails. (I do wish they'd answer their phones though.)

Personally I like demonstrators. I wish I could get another pocket 66. I bought mine on FPN classifieds. My sister whined at me til I relented and gave it to her :D

Matching desk stands for Models 65 and 66 please...

I can’t even image it...but I like it!

• 5 months later...

I’d like to see Coco and Creme come out of retirement, plus more models in Solid Ice.

Posted Image

I’d like to see Coco and Creme come out of retirement, plus more models in Solid Ice.

Yes please....

Models 02,03,31 would all be great.

Yes please....

Models 02,03,31 would all be great.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was emailing with F-C and asked about Coco and Creme. The reply (paraphrasing here) was they would have kept it in rotation longer but there were issues with the color from batch to batch, plus machining issues with the material. There is hope, though, if they find a different supplier, the color combo could come back.

I hope so.

Posted Image

More color variations in the 45 would be nice!

I agree. Apparently there was a dark purple one available at one pen show earlier this year, but it was a special for that show.

Yeah the pen shows seem to have great colors. All of those beautiful prototypes! I definitely would like to see some more colors in general - more patterns overall.

More color variations in the 45 would be nice!

I agree. Apparently there was a dark purple one available at one pen show earlier this year, but it was a special for that show.

Yeah the pen shows seem to have great colors. All of those beautiful prototypes! I definitely would like to see some more colors in general - more patterns overall.

Making "prototype" colors available only at pen shows or in "limited editions" available in the website Stock Room, which apparently you will only have a chance to get if you know the secret hand shake followed by a wink and a nod since regardless of how many times you sign-up/join their "Insider Client List" you receive only one email notification in the past 18 months, has become an increasingly frustrating marketing scheme that is driving me away from F-C.

I have only one F-C, an 02, which I purchased last year after waiting over 5 months to finally get enough time away from work to travel to a pen show and never getting a chance at anything in the Stock Room. I love this pen and have continuously hoped for the past year to add another F-C pen to my collection but the time and added cost of travelling to a pen show in hopes of getting that special pen kills any value F-C pens may have otherwise, they are still just cartridge/converter pens with screw-in JOWO nib units.

YMMV

I have only one F-C, an 02, which I purchased last year after waiting over 5 months to finally get enough time away from work to travel to a pen show and never getting a chance at anything in the Stock Room. I love this pen and have continuously hoped for the past year to add another F-C pen to my collection but the time and added cost of travelling to a pen show in hopes of getting that special pen kills any value F-C pens may have otherwise, they are still just cartridge/converter pens with screw-in JOWO nib units.

I have to agree with this -- if you're not paying attention to your email during the 5-minute window that the pens in the stock room are available, you're out of luck.

There are two things I wonder about this:

1) Is it worth it to create special editions, when it's a frustrating experience for most of their customers?

2) Do the special editions need to be that limited? Surely there's no shortage of plastic in the world.

Scientia potentia est.

I've received great quality and service from FC. My main wish is that they would consistently have more NOT MANLY BLACK materials. As an intimidating female I have to take extra care in ensuring that my accouterments reduce my intimidation factor and honestly I don't like black that much to accept it as my only option. I'd like more middle-of-the road fun colors like Purpurae that are neither crazy wild nor .... black. That orange demonstrator is pretty sweet though... Ultimately consistent availability of moderate colors would be great.

Making "prototype" colors available only at pen shows or in "limited editions" available in the website Stock Room, which apparently you will only have a chance to get if you know the secret hand shake followed by a wink and a nod since regardless of how many times you sign-up/join their "Insider Client List" you receive only one email notification in the past 18 months, has become an increasingly frustrating marketing scheme that is driving me away from F-C.

YMMV

I agree, and ever more so with how frustrating their marketing scheme is. Such well-made products, but boy what a turn off in trying to purchase something you like and want.