The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Brexit - Exclusive!

noodlers exclusive niche pure pens

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 22:31

I got a bottle of Brexit last year at the Commonwealth Pen Show.  My batch is a pale and chalky purple (somewhat similar to De Atramentis Jeanne d'Arc and the original Organics Studio Potassium).  Basically think of a cross between what the original image that The Good Captain posted (but purple, not blue) and what Dark Audit posted (but a little lighter, although might be the crappy absorbent Piccadilly paper.  

On the plus side, it's very fast drying on that paper (between 5 and 10 seconds), and appears to be pretty waterproof.  I'm not seeing much of a difference between that and the not watered writing on that paper.  I'm also not seeing much of any showthrough/bleedthrough.  But the color is really flat looking (I would definitely call it chalky).  And it had some spread.  The lightness makes it a little hard to read, although I've seen worse inks in that regard).  Almost no shading that I'm seeing.  

I'm glad I bought it, but I don't think I'd buy another bottle of it.  

It reminds me of a lavender version of Upper Ganges Blue for water resistance but also for the blah chalky pale color.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

#42 Louvesecrete

Louvesecrete

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:06

Thanks for the review, it's great !

I really like subdued inks but this one is too "flat" for me. On cream paper, it may be quite charming.

I would only buy it if I needed the bulletproof characteristics. The water trial is quite impressive.

I love Noodler's labels more and more though.

#43 dudleian

dudleian

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:26

It looks to me like an ink that can't make its mind up.

:) so true...

iPad, Midori passport and MD notebook, Quo Vadis Habana, Watson-Guptill sketchbook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, exclusive, niche, pure, pens

Sponsored Content

|