• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice!

They have been places.

My Montblancs go every I go and bear the scars to prove it.

Edited by meiers

Love people that enjoy their stuff to the fullest of their intention :) I am, unfortunately, not one of them :/ My pens rarely even see a table top, always padded surfaces etc. I have a watch I wear daily for 7 years and its boutique think I just purchased it every time I pop in.

But yes, TK waltz right on :)

**Edit** PS But I am curious, how does a nib in particular get scratched? If the pen is either in use or capped at all times etc

Edited by Pravda

fpn_1477073724__signature_nibs.jpg

Hi Tom- as always, your wonderfully hand-written notes are a joy to read as well as your posted pictures of pen comparisons. I believe what Pravda said is correct. The O3B nib is still referred to as a "signature nib" in the scope of the No. 149 materials and the nib options for the 149 but the term "signature nib" is now also used for bespoke nib sizes that are available for all pens (I believe?). So I think that the phrase now relates more to the intended purpose of the nib and not necessarily the specific nib size itself.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Hi Tom- as always, your wonderfully hand-written notes are a joy to read as well as your posted pictures of pen comparisons. I believe what Pravda said is correct. The O3B nib is still referred to as a "signature nib" in the scope of the No. 149 materials and the nib options for the 149 but the term "signature nib" is now also used for bespoke nib sizes that are available for all pens (I believe?). So I think that the phrase now relates more to the intended purpose of the nib and not necessarily the specific nib size itself.

Right, if I understand the phrasing correctly. I do remember, however, being told that only a 149 could have these larger sizes and not the 146- despite the testers being from the latter.

Right, if I understand the phrasing correctly. I do remember, however, being told that only a 149 could have these larger sizes and not the 146- despite the testers being from the latter.

Below is a picture of a tester set I owned. Some tester set boxes have the letter S on the extreme right hand pen case and the actual meaning of the S is 'special', it was a ball type Kug nib which was very easy to use, some people have said it was S for signature but this was not the case.

The S pen is 145 sized whilst the rest are standard 146. As I understand it all nib variants in the box were / are available to order.

fpn_1360937814__test_set.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

fpn_1478153728__crispin.jpg

I can't wait for my nib to come through.. 2 weeks gone by now, hopefully next week. The M nib it currently has is starved and annoying.

Hello Tom,

The 'S' nib (Kugel) was pretty much a medium + in my view and certainly was not anything too broad to note. It enabled anyone who was a bit unsure of using a fountain pen to simply un cap it and go, very user friendly but obviously no line variation at all.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Happy birthday dear friend! May it be an amazing year, followed by many more in great health and happiness :)

كل عام و انت بخير توم كيلي

In Arabic: Happy Birthday Tom Kellie (from right to left)

Happy birthday! May life grant you the opportunity to write a million amazing notes more!

fpn_1478452318__ansmy.jpg