Sumgai Did It Again 8/21/16 [ That's Me ! ]

JotterAddict62

Greetings All

This morning after work I had two stops to make before arriving at the homestead { Food & gas }.

I take a different route than I normally take on the way home. I take my 2nd choice as it will take me next to the Piggly Wiggly then thru town and the gas station. As I enter the city of Mukwonago WI I notice the maxwell street event they have in the park a few times a year. I just had to stop [ what do I have to lose ] time? I did have some cash in the car from last week when I went to the Elkhorn WI flea market which I did find a few items nothing worth talking about. SORRY I was side tracked. Back to the story. When I entered the park I walk the perimeter first then I travel the interior. We all look for a dealer with the correct type of inventory that will make us all check out their booth. I was on my way out and I forgotten to check an isle.Walked half way and I saw a dealer with the right type of product and then I saw the cigar boxes full of pen 30-40 ft away. [ My new glasses working just fine.] I started digging thru the box a pulled out 2 pens and seeing more dumped the box out on the table and started putting the pens back keeping out all the Parkers. When I was done I had 11 Parkers & one Sheaffer for $2 each.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Jotteraddict62/003_zpsvbvxjs1e.jpg

From L - R

P51 Vac SS cap [ No dent ]

P51 Vac

Duofold Jr. BHR

P51 special

P45

6 Jotter pens & pencils

Sheaffer Vac [ I think ? ]

1 Parker pencil lead case

Not a bad morning in WI on a cool morning...

I know I can make a profit on the lot when the time comes.

Ken

P.S. Sorry for the poor lighting.

Edited by JotterAddict62

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• JotterAddict62

• gweimer1

• FarmBoy

Way to go Ken! I'm glad I was out of town. I'd really be irked if I went but you beat me to it.

I did pick up a clean snorkel and a great bchr Wahl pencil at a Wi antique store on Friday. Not as good as your haul, but okay.

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

excellent

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Here in MI they would have wanted a hundred each for the ballpoints and at least one fifty for each of the rest.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

mitto; nice haul. Now just sell all the P51's to Farmboy and you can retire.

Brian; I did not think I find anything but you never know until you look.

Mitto,

Thank you for my Sunday shopping expedition to the Karachi Bazaars! Although I have been to Portobello, Bermondsey & the Paris Flea Mall I can honestly say this was the most enticing of them all; perhaps it is because it is so less taxing to stroll "online" than to know your rented car is awaiting your departure, with it's meter running!

THIS was a wonderful tour, & I thank you for sharing your Marketplace.

Mitto,

Thank you for my Sunday shopping expedition to the Karachi Bazaars! Although I have been to Portobello, Bermondsey & the Paris Flea Mall I can honestly say this was the most enticing of them all; perhaps it is because it is so less taxing to stroll "online" than to know your rented car is awaiting your departure, with it's meter running!

THIS was a wonderful tour, & I thank you for sharing your Marketplace.

Honestly, I couldn't understand. Thanking me for your Sunday shopping expedition to the Karachi bazars?

Perhaps my fault of not following you. Or are you saying 'thank you for my 'would be' Sunday shopping expedition to Karachi antique bazars'?

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

mitto; nice haul. Now just sell all the P51's to Farmboy and you can retire.

Are you advising me to mend my ways and get out of this hobbey? Lol.

I am sure FB isn't interested in seeing me without my pens and especially my 51s.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Or you advising me to mend my ways and get out of this hobbey? Lol.

I am sure FB isn't interested in seeing me without my pens and especially my 51s.

I would never tell anyone to stop buying fountain pens. By buying the pens we keep the planet green. [ They stay out of the landfills. ] Not like the bic sticks a person would use once [ Have not bought one so what would I know ] and then toss in the trash. Keep up the good work mitto.

Honestly, I couldn't understand. Thanking me for your Sunday shopping expedition to the Karachi bazars?

Perhaps my fault of not following you. Or are you saying 'thank you for my 'would be' Sunday shopping expedition to Karachi antique bazars'?

I was saying: Thank you for posting the link, it allowed me to enjoy a VIRTUAL tour of the marketplace you enjoy & found the pens you displayed.

I am sorry if I was unclear; I was happy to see the tour you made available by providing the link.

Edited by Barkingpig

I was saying: Thank you for posting the link, it allowed me to enjoy a VIRTUAL tour of the marketplace you enjoy & found the pens you displayed.

I am sorry if I was unclear; I was happy to see the tour you made available by providing the link.

Thank you. And I am sorry to bother you for the explanation. My fault.

Happy that you enjoyed the virtual toor of the Karachi antique markets.

Khan M. Ilyas

Are you advising me to mend my ways and get out of this hobbey? Lol.

I think we could find mutual ground, you sell me 51s and buy more...

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I think we could find mutual ground, you sell me 51s and buy more...

Let me think over it, Todd. Tel you one thing. I have never ever, repeat never ever, sold any of my pens until this moment.

Khan M. Ilyas

I have a similar philosophy to mitto's. I can't part with my pens. There has only been one exception: a Lamy 2000 which I couldn't write with happily so I sold it.

Nice going. I occasionally get lucky but not ever to that extent. I went to a flea market early Sunday morning, but didn't find anything that I wanted enough to buy. The best of the bunchwas a small sized Sheaffer Vac-u-fill (I think) but I couldn't tell the condition or how much it was going to cost to repair on top of the $10 cost. (There was also a couple of Esties for the same price each, but with nibs I didn't want --a bent 1555 and what looked like a Venus F -- and one of them also had a cap jewel that looked as if it had been gnawed all the way around.... :o) It was probably a good deal for the price but I just don't know enough about a lot of Sheaffer models. Of course, no Parkers of any flavor.... :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have built strong relationships with certain dealers in the antique bazars not only in Karachi but also in certain other cities over the years and that is now paying dividends in shape of steady supply of 'pens' (meaning pens I like). I live in Islamabad and visit Karchi not too often. Once in a year or two. But pens I like are kept for me by these people as they can't get the prices I offer them. There are other considerations too in keeping the pens reserved for me by these dealers. I think I should stop here as I think I have revealed too much of my business secrets. Lol.

Khan M. Ilyas