Delta Fusion Nibs Vs Delta S.steel Nibs?

Mon34480

I have a Delta Gallerie with a M Fusion NIB and a Delta Virtuosa with a M Steel NIB. They both write about equal in my opinion. I'd like the Gallerie to write better, but no matter what paper or ink I sample them on, both firm smooth NIBs. I would be hard pressed to spend the extra on a fusion NIB in the future. I do like their NIBs in general for my writing. Both pens lay down a smooth wet line and require very little effort.

Is the word "nib," or as you put it, "NIB," an acronym? If so, what do the letters stand for? If the word is not an acronym, why do you capitalize all of its letters? I have seen you do this repeatedly over multiple posts, and I am just curious. Please enlighten me.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fabri00

• FOUR X FOUR

• Mon34480

• jkingrph

Is the word "nib," or as you put it, "NIB," an acronym? If so, what do the letters stand for? If the word is not an acronym, why do you capitalize all of its letters? I have seen you do this repeatedly over multiple posts, and I am just curious. Please enlighten me.

Maybe I'm just yelling at you ;)

Seriously though, it's just a habit, nothing more.

Edited by Valkyrii

I have 6 Deltas with fusion nibs and 3 with SS nibs. In all honesty, I must prefer the fusion nibs. To me there is a big difference in the way the fusion nibs write. It feels more like a gold nib than an SS nib. Also, the ink seems to flow better. My fusion nibs are all wetter than the SS nibs.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to disappoint you but no, it wasn't explained, and these links you posted don't explain anything either. I'm sorry that you took my question, literally. It was asked in fun. As, there really isn't any such thing as a harmonic steel nib. Others got the humor. Sorry you didn't.

Sorry to disappoint you but no, it wasn't explained, and these links you posted don't explain anything either. I'm sorry that you took my question, literally. It was asked in fun. As, there really isn't any such thing as a harmonic steel nib. Others got the humor. Sorry you didn't.

2 and half monthes later....?

By the way, no disappointment, dont worry. Other things more important in life might disappoint me, not these.

For me the fact that "harmonic steel" is a term used and not invented by Delta is enough. It was not my purpose to explain exactly what it is, as I'm not an expert in metals.

The fact that several links available in google mention harmonic steel is enough for my purposes.

Honestly I've not felt so much apreciation of humor in the posts following yours: but this, and also the fact that I also did not got the feeling of the humor, is probably due to the fact that I do not speak very well english. Sorry for that !

Probably it could happen the same to you in case you will read an italian forum !.

Maybe it's a translation issue? "Acciaio armonico" exists in Italian, but in English it's simply translated as "Spring steel". https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acciaio_armonico If you select the English language version of this page, you go to "spring steel".

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen NIB being used as a short form for "New In Box". I've seen sellers on eBay (for pens as well as other things like phones) and some here on the FPN classifieds use it.