New Zealand Pass Around Ink Sample Library?

HarrietHippo

Aye, I hope I get admission.

I currently have a few bottles of Bril Royal Blue, some Bril Turquoise, and maybe a Bril Green. I haven't checked the rules for carrying liquids in my luggage, but I should be able to bring you some.

That would be wonderful and very kind of you, but don't break any rules! There souldn't be a problem if it is in your luggage and not in your carry-on cabin bag.

PM me if you can bring some, and be sure to let me know all costs so I can reimburse you.

Regards

Peter

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HarrietHippo

• Cdub24

• Stitchpunk

• jmcollis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Inks coming your way pjo! Great that you liked them so much, I'm sure they will be happy being appreciated on your shelf :) Should be able to get them off to you shortly. Dont worry about the $, they are half used and besides, we are in the pay it forward forum :)

Cheers

The two inks arrived safely today. Thank you so very much! You are most generous, and I hope I can return the favour one day.

Regards

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

How is progress with the ink samples? I am interested in which ones others have found interesting, and which ones others recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys still with me I'll have them underway tomorrow have been off the grid for a week or so. I've found them really interesting and like a few more than I thought I would

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do some of you think about a NZ Facebook group for fountain pens like the Australian one? I'm thinking that it could provide a place to discuss possible pen meets or future projects like the Ink Sample Box (I would have loved a fountain pen-themed Secret Santa) or just be a place to discuss pens/where to get them in NZ or possible bulk shipments of some inks/paper. It could also provide some outreach to those who aren't on FPN (I have a couple of friends like that).

Are you offering to set this up and manage it jon126?

At the moment, with some fairly engaging work projects for 2017, I am not sure how much time I can give to such a venture - unlikely at the organisational level at least. It there are enough people to grow a small New Zealand member base, and possibly included New Zealand's other large island (I think the locals like to call it Australia), then I will support it as best as time and resources permit.

That's the best I can offer at the moment. If it gets off the ground we can see where it goes.

I would suggest before setting up a 'page' that you form a working group to nut out exactly what we want to do, how to achieve it and so on. I am sure other members will have some stellar ideas on this.

I would be pretty keen to set it up and manage something like this.

Also, Australia actually already have a group - 900 members strong and they've organised pen meets in several cities which is quite a success.

I would definitely like to form a group to tackle this and I guess they should just PM me to keep this thread clean.

What do some of you think about a NZ Facebook group for fountain pens like the Australian one? I'm thinking that it could provide a place to discuss possible pen meets or future projects like the Ink Sample Box (I would have loved a fountain pen-themed Secret Santa) or just be a place to discuss pens/where to get them in NZ or possible bulk shipments of some inks/paper. It could also provide some outreach to those who aren't on FPN (I have a couple of friends like that).

I love this idea! Pen meets would be awesome! Keeping my eye out in case the FB page does get created.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all! I'm in Auckland and would be interested in joining this if it's not too late. Not that I have many fountain pens currently, but I do have a small collection of inks, mostly Diamine and Noodlers...

Happy New Year all. Hi Stitchpunk the box is with me at the moment and you'd be welcome to try it out and see what sort of inks you like. I had grand plans to post some writing samples after Christmas but time ran away and I also saw how messy and unpublishable my handwriting is haha. That said I'm really enjoying Bung Box Blue - not much of a name but pretty nice colour, a little reminiscent of Diamine Majestic Blue w some red sheen to the shadows. Thanks mystery donator.

Shall we do another NZ round with the sample box before letting it go overseas? There was some Australian interest in it a while back.

That would be great, thank you! I have (ahem) five Kaweco Skylines to play with and an Edison Mina Extended arriving tomorrow who I'm sure will be keen to play with some fun colours! The local bookshop stocks inks too so I will see if they have anything that might interest everyone.

Yeah send it around again that would be cool! I'll hunt out the Japanese name for the bung box blue it has one but I was being lazy writing it up. I got it a couple of years ago in Japan. If you like the blue I'll put their ink called "4B" which is an awesome blue black next time the box comes around

OK do you guys want to PM me or add to this forum if you'd be interested in receiving another round of the box? I'll try and get things underway again early February. Box has 38/40 inks filled now so think we can call it a collection. Somewhat intimidating really!

OK do you guys want to PM me or add to this forum if you'd be interested in receiving another round of the box? I'll try and get things underway again early February. Box has 38/40 inks filled now so think we can call it a collection. Somewhat intimidating really!

I would be happy to recieve it again. Thanks.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm wouldnt mind trying that Bung Box Blue Black if you have any spare? Enjoyed the other Bung Box. I'll PM some of the previous box recipients and see if we can make a new list.

Have enjoyed the library, esp Bung Box Blue, Diamine Ochre, Waterman South Seas blue and R&K Blu Mare. Thanks to everyone!

Hmm OK should have added Kobe #17 as another I liked to that list :-) Did you get these specialty Sailor inks in Japan in person or just get them posted out?

Anyone else is welcome to join the list, just PM me. I havent heard back from all the previous participants yet but provisional list is:

HarrietHippo, Auckland

Stitchpunk, Auckland

PJO, Taihape

Cdub24, Christchurch / Auckland

Harriet Hippo, Auckland