Conid Caiso Kingsize Bulkfiller

brad7k

Thank you for the response Francis! It is a big help. I may do that one day. I'm super excited to receive the kingsize!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brad7k

• fountainbel

• mongrelnomad

• Diderot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you are really going to like that pen. I can't put it down long enough to do anything productive. (not to mention I have three nibs with it so it will be one filling on each so it will be a while...)

Here is a photo with the famous J. Herbin ink. It is a great pen to highlight the flakes in the ink:

fpn_1472730639__fullsizerender_5.jpg

fpn_1472730852__img_2303.jpg

fpn_1472730878__fullsizerender_4.jpg

Even with the narrow width of the line writing with the cursive italic nib, the unique properties of the ink shine through nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the CAISO Bulkfiller:

When a buying spare nibs, does one receive only the nib? Or do customers receive an entire nib unit with nib & feed?

I'm curious as the CAISO apparently relies on a custom feed and I'd personally feel a little more secure if each nib had its own feed.

I have a question about the CAISO Bulkfiller:

When a buying spare nibs, does one receive only the nib? Or do customers receive an entire nib unit with nib & feed?

I'm curious as the CAISO apparently relies on a custom feed and I'd personally feel a little more secure if each nib had its own feed.

Hi pensive,

When ordering a nib one always gets a complete "nib unit", meaning the assembly consisting of the nib, the feed and the screw-in nib & feed housing. However the CAISO shut-off valve plunger is not included and should be exchanged.

Francis

Hi pensive,

When ordering a nib one always gets a complete "nib unit", meaning the assembly consisting of the nib, the feed and the screw-in nib & feed housing. However the CAISO shut-off valve plunger is not included and should be exchanged.

Francis

Fountainbel,

Thanks for the information. Does that mean if I order three CAISO nibs I will also need three valve plungers?

Or I can just the same valve plunger and it just needs to be re-installed each time a nib is swapped?

Thanks again.

Fountainbel,

Or I can just the same valve plunger and it just needs to be re-installed each time a nib is swapped?

Thanks again.

Yes, you can reinstall the valve plunger at nib swap. and user the one valve plunger for all your nib units

Alternatively you could order some extra valve plungers so all your nib units are complete.

Francis

Yes, you can reinstall the valve plunger at nib swap. and user the one valve plunger for all your nib units

Alternatively you could order some extra valve plungers so all your nib units are complete.

Francis

Thank you!

Ok, now for one more question:

Can non-CAISO nib be installed in a CAISO nib unit?

So if someone has a Kingsize already, can they order a CAISO Kingsize with extra nib units and 'convert' their regular Kingsize nibs into CAISO nibs?

Thanks again for all the help. I promise that's the last question :-)

Thank you!

Ok, now for one more question:

Can non-CAISO nib be installed in a CAISO nib unit?

So if someone has a Kingsize already, can they order a CAISO Kingsize with extra nib units and 'convert' their regular Kingsize nibs into CAISO nibs?

Thanks again for all the help. I promise that's the last question :-)

Hi pensive,

Installing your standard Kingsize nib units in a CAISO Kingsize is no problem, only drawback being you don't have any shut-off valve.

The Caiso nibs are identical to the nib used on the normal kingsize,

Converting a normal Kingsize pen to a CAISO is however not possible since the barrel and ink window are different.

Hope this helps.

Francis

Hi pensive,

Installing your standard Kingsize nib units in a CAISO Kingsize is no problem, only drawback being you don't have any shut-off valve.

The Caiso nibs are identical to the nib used on the normal kingsize,

Converting a normal Kingsize pen to a CAISO is however not possible since the barrel and ink window are different.

Hope this helps.

Francis

Is it possible to swap nibs without swapping the entire nib unit?

Is it possible to swap nibs without swapping the entire nib unit?

Yes, but one needs to knock the feed & nib trough to get them out of the housing.

Francis

• 10 months later...

Do you know if this pen is available for purchase in the US? Between the VAT tax, extra tools, and Broad nib its already an extra $60!

Thanks,

Rod

Do you know if this pen is available for purchase in the US? Between the VAT tax, extra tools, and Broad nib its already an extra $60!

Thanks,

Rod

It is when you order through the website. VAT does not apply to the US.

Thanks,

Rod

I haven't seen it listed on their website for a while. Someone explained why in another thread but I don't remember what was said.

I love this pen but larger pens are not on my list nowadays. I just ordered my second conid, a demo minimalistica

the Danitrio Fellowship