2016 Commonwealth Pen Show - Sunday, September 25Th!

dwattsjr

By the way, it's no use to ask for photos of Mr. Noodler. It's a pretty well known fact he never makes public appearances due to beinThe man you may see at shows is a trusted assistant who stands in for him. Rumor has it that they may not even be represented here at all this year because of incessant karping over their new products, and the claim by the attorney general's office of Massachusetts that they have the authority to strictly regulate reloadable cartridges.

Nice try :P -- but that voice is unmistakable....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• RonLyke

• inkstainedruth

• Gloucesterman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone heard or seen anything about Special Noodlers inks that will be available exclusively at the Commonwealth Pen Show?

Last year Nathan had three really nice ones and I want to leave room in my budget for at least one set of the special ones this year?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Has anyone heard or seen anything about Special Noodlers inks that will be available exclusively at the Commonwealth Pen Show?

Last year Nathan had three really nice ones and I want to leave room in my budget for at least one set of the special ones this year?

Not yet, but it may be prudent to expect the unexpected. After all his company is one of the top two manufacturers of fountain pen ink in the state. You can also count on other vendors having ink available there, so theres that.

Not yet, but it may be prudent to expect the unexpected. After all his company is one of the top two manufacturers of fountain pen ink in the state. You can also count on other vendors having ink available there, so theres that.

Actually I prefer to see what inks Nathan has before I spend any money on "other" inks.

What other inks are produced in Massachusetts? I wasn't aware of any other FP ink makers here in the state. Next thing someone will tell me is that hidden away in some secluded corner of the state is a pen manufacturer!

:thumbup: :thumbup: "Please Lord, grant me patience. And could I please have it NOW?" :thumbup: :thumbup:

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

What other inks are produced in Massachusetts? ... Next thing someone will tell me is that hidden away in some secluded corner of the state is a pen manufacturer!

Higgins inks are made in Leeds, MA, by Chartpak who also distributes Pelikan and Rotring pens, which ... are not made there. Sorry. There was also the well known Walnut ink by Tom Norton, which I have yet to get around to testing for fountain pen. Originally made in Cambridge, but lately in Rochester, NY, so ... yup, Noodler's still firmly in place on the top 2 list.

Higgins inks are made in Leeds, MA, by Chartpak who also distributes Pelikan and Rotring pens, which ... are not made there. Sorry. There was also the well known Walnut ink by Tom Norton, which I have yet to get around to testing for fountain pen. Originally made in Cambridge, but lately in Rochester, NY, so ... yup, Noodler's still firmly in place on the top 2 list.

You are much more knowledgeable about ink and the "commonwealth" that I live in than I am. Perhaps you could attend the Commonwealth Pen Show (September 25th) and speak with Nathan. I would think he might enjoy the knowledge you have.

Hi everyone, I will most likely be attending, and it will be my first pen show, and I just wanted to say something:

I carry headphones at all times because I require hearing protection for medical reasons, but if I am wearing them that does not mean I am trying to be rude or ignore you! It's okay to talk to me :blush: (I am a young woman who looks like Hermione Granger)

Nice of you to introduce yourself. Last year was my first time at a show, so I know I'll still feel a bit shy around people who seem to know each other or know so much more about pens than I do. It's good to know if I see you that it's okay to start up a conversation.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Michael

Funny seeing you here, 0xabad1dea. I'll say hi if I manage to run into you there.

This will also be my first time at a pen show. I was planning on going last year, but I ended up in the hospital during the show (long story).

Edited by Dragonmaster Lou

I am told that Nathan Tardif is bringing three Noodler's inks to the show. No details yet, but I understand that he may be putting up a video on them tomorrow.

I am told that Nathan Tardif is bringing three Noodler's inks to the show. No details yet, but I understand that he may be putting up a video on them tomorrow.

YAY!!!!!!!!... :lol: :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hey Ron... Don't forget about me!!. :blush: :blush:

It looks like Nathan will be bringing new inks... :D :D

I'll be happy to.

Ron

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Are these going to be exclusives, like the ones last year, or are they going to be in the regular lineup? Any clues? Or will we have to wait for the video?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Cyber6---You're still on my list. I'm only looking for special Boston show releases, though, right?

Oh YES!!!!... Thanks!!!! :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Cyber6

Have you heard if there will be any?

Ron

Not yet...I keep refreshing his youtube channel... Last year I found out late Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQ_i8QT7pStL2NCsWaiPfg

Drop me a PM with your cell number, and I can text you any last minutes updates. ;)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****