Official Mb Images Showing The Heritage 1914 Nib On A Regular 149

EBV

Here are some official images by Montblanc (Instagram & Facebook respectively) showing the heritage 1914 nib on the 149.

Any news/confirmation by Montblanc that they will be available soon? I have heard a lot of good things about the performance of these heritage nibs & I would definitely get one!

28648270410_ebb7026f78_b.jpg

28648257540_1982d7695d_b.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• meiers

• EBV

• hawpunch

Top Posters In This Topic

It really looks interesting! But somehow I miss the second color on a 149.. Is the nib bigger then the nib from the 1912?

Edited by Kadran1

It really looks interesting! But somehow I miss the second color on a 149.. Is the nib bigger then the nib from the 1912?

Yes, massively. It is a similar size to the #9 nib on a 149. The 1912 nib is more like a #4 size.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Is the 1914 nib like the Heritage 1912 nib but bigger? If so that 149 would be a spectacular pen to write with! I wonder how much the pen will cost with that nib though?

I personally don't like it and can't imagine why Montblanc would post such a picture. Doubt this will go in production ever.

That is a 1914 and a 149 nib comparison? I am surprised at the difference even though I knew the 1914 is a giant of a pen.

I would definitely by the franken-nibbed 149 if it became available, and assuming the 1914 nib has the same writing characteristics as my beloved 1912.

My ¢2 are: Don't hold your breath. I give it 0% chance which annoys me, because I felt like it was that 1912 advertisement that showed the cap posting.

The 149 is.. Well, the 149. Its like the Porsche 911. It'll evolve, but not change :)

I, too, like the combination and feel like it's the perfect mix of all three things I want right now- a Platinum 149, a Heritage nib, and some springiness from the nib. However, I would prefer to see it on another pen aside from the 149. I would probably love the 1914 if it were in my currently acceptable price range.

I love the artistry of the 149 nib and don't know if the Heritage nib is the best choice to combine with the body style of the 149. I've heard of Montblanc moving towards nib units that are interchangeable by users and wonder if this is a demonstration of the combinations that customers can come up with...?

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I, too, like the combination and feel like it's the perfect mix of all three things I want right now- a Platinum 149, a Heritage nib, and some springiness from the nib. However, I would prefer to see it on another pen aside from the 149. I would probably love the 1914 if it were in my currently acceptable price range.

I love the artistry of the 149 nib and don't know if the Heritage nib is the best choice to combine with the body style of the 149. I've heard of Montblanc moving towards nib units that are interchangeable by users and wonder if this is a demonstration of the combinations that customers can come up with...?

What I heard from a reputable MB source is that the nibs are to come off in one twist along with feed to make repairs and exchanges easier, especially in boutiques that have technicians that are required to do nib swaps but don't have the expertise (or time) of Hamburg experts. They will always require special tools to deter us from doing it ourselves.

Montblanc nibs are so expensive in general, too. For us to be on board for such customizations as mainstream.

Edited by Pravda

The two 1914 nibs I used were no where near as springy as the 1912s I have tested. I was actually surprised since it looks so much like a giant 1912 nib.

I would probably buy one on a 149 because I am a sucker for big nibs, but if we are dreaming why not have them put it on a flattop 139 shapped, but larger, pen? :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Well since F=MA, I reckon it'll require much more tenacity in putting pressure on the 1914 nib to achieve similar results as with the 1912. That being said you can easily tell that it has spring to it, not like a hard nail if a regular 149 nib.

They are different style pens. The nibs for each compliment the pen to which they were designed. They don't look so good when interchanged.

From Pravda's image the 1914 nib is larger than the 149 one. I wonder if the cap of the 149 would close properly if it had the 1914 nib installed?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I would probably buy one on a 149 because I am a sucker for big nibs

I am a sucker for monotone nibs so would have to buy one too.

Come on MB two sold already!

I am a sucker for monotone nibs so would have to buy one too.

Come on MB two sold already!

Three

Edited by meiers

Frankenpen! If one of us had done this and posted a picture, we'd be laughed off the forum.

Montblanc does it and everybody wants to buy one.

Only half-serious, here. But, I'm not keen on it. I like the 149 as it is/was.

However, if all the nibs are going to be interchangeable across the range (ie same size nibs), that could be an interesting turn of events.

Enjoy!