The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Schulausgangsschrift Exercise Book

schulausgangsschrift hand writing improvement handwriting german

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Budzynski

Budzynski

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:25

I preset you a German exercise book for kids to facilitate their handwriting. I thought this might be useful for some folks.

http://www.hjmedia.d...angsschrift.pdf

Edited by Budzynski, 10 August 2016 - 05:27.

Sponsored Content

#2 ksm

ksm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:06

I would say, that quality of instructions is poor.

1. A ductus with order of strokes for each letter or combination thereof would be nice.
  2. They use "handwriting" fonts to generate examples (not actual writing). There are inconsistencies in angle between exit strokes of majuscules and entry strokes of minuscules.
  3. Minuscule "a" is a two stroke letter?
  4. Join from "o" to "n" seems somehow unnatural, how would one implement it at speed?
  5. Minuscule "t" is reminiscent of kurrentschrift.
  6. Overall impression is of aiming for perfect form as opposed to acquiring flowing movement.

#3 Budzynski

Budzynski

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:23

yeah you've got the point but I thought somebody may find some bits useful. 

#4 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 13:21

Thanks, Budzynski, for the book. Perhaps not the best but it is a good example of the level of writing that is currently taught around the world. At least handwriting is being taught in Germany.

Recently was in Germany, was pleased to see that fountain pens and inks were available in many grocery stores, post offices, and other general shopping areas. Even a few stub nibs, usually by ONLINE pens. So Deutsch Kalligrafie isn't dead. Even recognized as valuable by a few persons.

While checking my bag for the flight home, overheard the luggage attendant saying to one of his peers, "Now, THAT is handwriting!" as he checked the address tag on my bag. Guess my Italic is okay.

I plan on going through the book you put up and reading it -- see if I can understand the German with out too much effort.

Enjoy,

Edited by Randal6393, 10 August 2016 - 13:22.

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schulausgangsschrift, hand writing improvement, handwriting, german

Sponsored Content

|