• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Budzynski

• Randal6393

• ksm

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say, that quality of instructions is poor.

1. A ductus with order of strokes for each letter or combination thereof would be nice.
  2. They use "handwriting" fonts to generate examples (not actual writing). There are inconsistencies in angle between exit strokes of majuscules and entry strokes of minuscules.
  3. Minuscule "a" is a two stroke letter?
  4. Join from "o" to "n" seems somehow unnatural, how would one implement it at speed?
  5. Minuscule "t" is reminiscent of kurrentschrift.
  6. Overall impression is of aiming for perfect form as opposed to acquiring flowing movement.

Thanks, Budzynski, for the book. Perhaps not the best but it is a good example of the level of writing that is currently taught around the world. At least handwriting is being taught in Germany.

Recently was in Germany, was pleased to see that fountain pens and inks were available in many grocery stores, post offices, and other general shopping areas. Even a few stub nibs, usually by ONLINE pens. So Deutsch Kalligrafie isn't dead. Even recognized as valuable by a few persons.

While checking my bag for the flight home, overheard the luggage attendant saying to one of his peers, "Now, THAT is handwriting!" as he checked the address tag on my bag. Guess my Italic is okay.

I plan on going through the book you put up and reading it -- see if I can understand the German with out too much effort.

Enjoy,

Edited by Randal6393

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?