Tilburg Penshow 24 September 2016

Dutchpen

I also went with my daughter. We both found it to be a very nice event. When we were done we visited the museum, and had a wonderful time there as well! Especially the room where you can help 'Tree' grow was a big succes. A Saturday well spent!

~ Alexander

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• Zaida

• nameoftherose

• Rednaxela

I really enjoy the pen show, as it was my first visit. It was great to see again the people of the Pelikan hub. But... I found the entrance ticket very expensive: 11€!!!!!! I was told that the last year was 10€, so 12€ next year? Ouch. Even if I brought home some ink bottles, I missed more brands. I know that La Couronne shop is close, but I'd like to have more choices in the pen show. I found very good paper, that's true: Rhodia and Life. I'm happy about that.

About pens, I was looking for japanese model, but I had no luck. I only saw an orange Sailor Sapporo. Nice but I already have a few of them. And Capless, but it wasn't that that I was looking for.

Tom Westerich was there, but with few pens. :huh: In Madrid he use to bring a bigger selection. I can't afford them, but he always have very nice pens.

Of course, Sarj Minhas is a pleasure to give a look all his models. Just watch, unfortunately.

I went to pick my order at La Couronne but it wasn't there, I don't know why, then I had to go to the shop, very busy, so I had to wait quite a long time, but I should say also that they were very kind.

After the break for lunch, more time to see again the tables, because at the first hour it was really crowed in some of them.

Paco Cruz wasn't here this year, such a pity because I won't go to Madrid. I bought him Omas at a very competitive price, you should know his offers. :yikes: I didn't see neither the italian sellers with the vintage Auroras. Each place is different, of course.

Anyway, it was a good experience. High prices, so cheap pens that year. I'm going to start saving money for next year. :lol: And I only have good words for my new pen friends, for the warming welcome.

There wasn't poster of the show this year and maybe more publicity could help to increase the attending people. Maybe.

Da Vinci, hope you like my report. ;)

Edited by Zaida

" A single dream is more powerful that thousand realities.! J.R.R.T.

Sapere aude! :happy:

Thanks Zain's, much appreciated. :)

Clearly a very different show to Madrid, perhaps more akin to those we see in the UK. Your report and the photos from Micheal makes me think I would like to go next year.

Nice selection of ink this year, did anyone bring back anything unusual? Did anyone else make the trip from Belgium?

A bottle of KWZ, my first one of that brand. It was made specifically for Fontoplumo, to match with a Conid pen.

http://i63.tinypic.com/aopdl5.jpg

Edited by Zaida

" A single dream is more powerful that thousand realities.! J.R.R.T.

Sapere aude! :happy: