What's Your Favorite Purple Ink?

Witsius

Diamine Tyrian Purple is my favorite, for its dusty look. It is magnificent with my Swan 230's #2 nib. The hues are very rich and soft.

Scabiosa by R&K, for its old fashioned atmosphere.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VivienR

• AndyYNWA

• KKay

• amberleadavis

Just at the minute, I'm using Diamine Bilberry, Kyo-Iro Soft snows of Ohara, and Noodlers Kung Te-Cheng. I've been trying to decide which one I prefer, but I like all of them. :rolleyes:

Now I call that a great comparison, Lgsoltek. Thanks!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I was into purple at some point in the past but I've lost interest in purple now.

Diamine Majestic Purple was my go-to purple back then.

I also got plenty of blurples and used them consistently as well. But there too, my love affair with that color category just fizzled out.

Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire.

Sailor Jentle UltraMarine (now renamed to Nioi-Sumire)

And a few other blurples were in regular rotation for me.

Just at the minute, I'm using Diamine Bilberry, Kyo-Iro Soft snows of Ohara, and Noodlers Kung Te-Cheng. I've been trying to decide which one I prefer, but I like all of them. :rolleyes:

Would you be willing to post a photograph of those inks side by side, for comparison? Soft Snows of Ohara is my favorite ink, but I haven't used either of the others.

Levenger Amethyst remains my favorite purple and my signature ink color. Nothing else compares.

I love Private Reserve Purple Mojo

Private Reserve Plum

Rohrer and Klingner Cassia

Please have a look at Iroshizuku Yama Budo. It is a very smooth ink with a wonderful color that I am becoming addicted to. You can usually find it on Amazon or eBay for about US$20/bottle. It's wonderful!

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/290752-yama-budo-pilot-iroshizuku/

I second this! Yama-Budo is one of my favorites but it might not be exactly what you're looking for. It's more of a burgandy

Did you check out the purple thread? Check out the link in my signature. If you find a color you like let us suggest some other similar inks.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I use purple frequently. I tend to like either very dark purples or dusty purples, so keep that in mind when I recommend:

Diamine Eclipse (very dark)

Diamine Damson (lighter, dustier)

Diamine Deep Dark Purple (I like this very much but it does trend to a reddish color)

Rohrer and Klingner Scabiosa (dustier and really interesting, very dry, iron gall)

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune (dusty but approaching a a sort of maroon)

These are the purples I keep coming back to. I tried the Private Reserve Ebony Purple but it just has too much green sheen. If I wanted green I would have gotten a green ink. I know some people love it for that very reason but I found it irritating.

Black purples

Bungbox Ink of the witch

Sankodo Nishikisan Blaxk purple

Sailor Shigure

Not a black purple, but still decent, Joyful-2 Honda Purple Heart.[/quote

+1 for Sailor Shigure.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/KWZI-17r.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Lamy Dark Lilac (and my R&K Solferino has concentrated in the nib a little and is more purple than magenta at the moment).

I am basically hoarding one sample of Iroshizuku Murasaki Shibikubu for just this reason. It's my perfect purple, but I am not allowing myself any non-work ink purchases for a month or two. If I get it the ink will be paid for with leftover quarters from turnpike tolls.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.