The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Vp (I Think) Desk Pen Help

parker vp desk set

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spacecoastpenny

spacecoastpenny

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 16:03

Hello FP Gang,

I have been going through my desk set pens and found what I think is a VP. Not sure I know what I have so I turn to the FP network, where all my questions seem to get answered.

Where I need help is,

1. Is this a VP?

2. The indicator seems to do nothing but change the feel of the grip, is this correct?

3. What is the filling system? It looks like a eyedropper filler.

Thanks in advance for your help.

spacecoastbanner_FP.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Ernst Bitterman

Ernst Bitterman

Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 17:20

1) It might be the front end from a Guardsman, which was a dipper like an Esterbrook DipLess.  A VP will have an interface for the filler inside, which looks like a Torx screw head.  If there's nothing complex inside, it's probably a Guardsman (I haven't looked inside a one, so I'm not quite sure of how it looks, so this is a bit of a guess upon a guess).

2) Yep.

3) If is it a VP, it uses the eminently fragile Clean Filler, which is dismountable like an converter, but isn't an converter since the pen couldn't accept cartridges.  Main Street Pens sells reproductions that won't crack and leak all over the place.  If it's a Guardsman, it needs a special ink-filled desk base.

Edited by Ernst Bitterman, 04 August 2016 - 19:47.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

#3 spacecoastpenny

spacecoastpenny

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 17:33

Ernst,

thanks for the reply, the inside looks like there is nothing in it. The long fine treads is what makes me think it was eye dropper filler.

spacecoastbanner_FP.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, vp, desk set

Sponsored Content

|