Robert Oster Signature Inks – Part 4

Cyber6

Just got my box with 49 Osters today. These are awesome just on a quick testing.

For the person I envied the most when I began reading ink posts, prior to joining this forum, to only become a "full blown addict, never to again even WANT to see my way out of the rabbit hole," I was not surprised to read your post about ordering these inks; others debate endlessly & complain about scarcity, price, & myriad other reasons when introduced to new inks, you just step up & say, "I'll have them ALL & see for myself."

You are the KING of Inks; long may you rein & enjoy the prosperity of your inky kingdom! Thank you for your wonderful mastery of "knowing about the inks discussed." You make me feel better about ordering the few inks I can whenever I see a new one discussed here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• visvamitra

• Feathers

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the KING of Inks; long may you rein & enjoy the prosperity of your inky kingdom! Thank you for your wonderful mastery of "knowing about the inks discussed." You make me feel better about ordering the few inks I can whenever I see a new one discussed here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree.... HAIL-KING-SAM !!!! ;) ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Saw today that Anderson Pens will carry the Robert Oster inks as well.

I'm glad Mr Oster is having success with his inks. In my dealings with him he's been a real gentleman with exemplary customer service.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

For the person I envied the most when I began reading ink posts, prior to joining this forum, to only become a "full blown addict, never to again even WANT to see my way out of the rabbit hole," I was not surprised to read your post about ordering these inks; others debate endlessly & complain about scarcity, price, & myriad other reasons when introduced to new inks, you just step up & say, "I'll have them ALL & see for myself."

That made me laugh....hard! Thanks!

I agree on first blush that these are truly excellent, quality inks. Robert Oster has without a doubt been one of the most elegant and thoughtful people I have ever dealt with in this FP community/hobby.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

........ others debate endlessly & complain about scarcity, price, & myriad other reasons when introduced to new inks ......

Ha, don't they just.... 😏

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

That made me laugh....hard! Thanks!

I agree on first blush that these are truly excellent, quality inks. Robert Oster has without a doubt been one of the most elegant and thoughtful people I have ever dealt with in this FP community/hobby.

And what other sort of person COULD have created such beautiful inks? I am very excited to experience two of them; I had Khaki & Peach, put back upon their arrival "stateside," awaiting arrival of a bottle of BungBox "Sweet Potato Purple, " which was shipped this morning. I probably am more excited about the Oster Khaki, than the SPP, even tho I have waited more than a year since trying it's companion ink, "Sweet Potato Yellow," just wanted them BOTH, which I do not have to explain to you, I suspect.

Enjoy your Osters!

• 2 months later...

Here you go my friend.... For practical purposes.. they are very similar.... If you noticed the swabs, Red Orange seems more saturated.

fpn_1470357238__ro_peachcomp02.jpg

Believe me.. is Red Orange on top (not just Orange)

Just acquired Red-Orange, and I really love it. I am always in search of the perfect red-orange, and this is fairly close.

fpn_1478037137__ro-red_orange.jpg

Edited by HalloweenHJB

I got Purple Rock in my 1st order of RO inks & love it. Now I have to order Blue Sea. I don't have enough blues!

• 5 weeks later...

Just got started with playing with Oster's Purple Rock this week.

However my bottle seems to be all grey, no sheen nor shading :( no hint of blue or red either.

Had it filled in 1 of a trio of Dollar717i, normally these are wet to the point of dripping. The other 2 I filled with "known dry" Pelikan 4001s... left them overnight, the Purple Rock didn't coldstart immediately unlike the 4001s.

In all... colour wasn't too eye catching, performance bit lacklustre and although I didn't think much of the bottle before I opened it - now that I've done a fill from it, I HATE TALL SKINNY BOTTLES!! It's just too unstable when fiddling two-handed trying to twist a piston filler.

Might have to try my hand at some chromatography... :)

Just acquired Red-Orange, and I really love it. I am always in search of the perfect red-orange, and this is fairly close.

fpn_1478037137__ro-red_orange.jpg

Wow, it looks fantastic!

Soon Robert Osters inks will be available in Poland! YEAAAAHHHHHHH :D

I'm waiting for order ;)

Did someone know new color MIDNIGHT SAPPHIRE?

Here is a sample, from vaness1938: https://vanness1938.com/collections/robert-oster-inks/products/robert-oster-midnight-sapphire

I'm also thinking about Graphite.... Any experience?

Edited by Nikaa

Just got started with playing with Oster's Purple Rock this week.

However my bottle seems to be all grey, no sheen nor shading :( no hint of blue or red either.

Had it filled in 1 of a trio of Dollar717i, normally these are wet to the point of dripping. The other 2 I filled with "known dry" Pelikan 4001s... left them overnight, the Purple Rock didn't coldstart immediately unlike the 4001s.

In all... colour wasn't too eye catching, performance bit lacklustre and although I didn't think much of the bottle before I opened it - now that I've done a fill from it, I HATE TALL SKINNY BOTTLES!! It's just too unstable when fiddling two-handed trying to twist a piston filler.

Might have to try my hand at some chromatography... :)

I first tried Purple Rock in a Parker 51 with a fine point and initially had the same impression, that it appeared to be simply gray and less interesting than I had hoped. But on certain papers I found I could see the purple undertones, and when writing with my Waterman fine point, I could definitely see them. I also have a Dollar 717i and will soon try Purple Rock in it to see whether my experience matches yours.

Papers on which I see purple undertones even when writing with the Parker 51 include the (cream-colored) paper in my Midori Traveler's notebook and the (whiter) paper in my Pentalic Traveler pocket journal. I have not seen shading or sheen, but I would not expect to see either in the nibs that I use, and the ink has behaved flawlessly for me. It flows well, with no feathering or bleed-through on any paper, and is easy to flush from a pen.

More generally, I have found that I need to experiment with paper and nibs whenever I am using an ink on the boundary of purple and gray or purple and blue.

• 1 month later...

Oh my, these are so gorgeous! Checked all 4 topics and my original, "oh I just like to have some Peach and Pinky" turned into, "I wanna see Pinky, Peach, Tranquility, Spearmint, Red Orange (which looks like Habanero enough (my favorite ink which is not available in Europe T__T), Marine and Viola on y desk". Fingers crossed my neighbor will go back to Australia and I can ask her to get me some samples (and a bottle of red Orange)!

Thanks for making me want these! :D

Wow, it looks fantastic!

Soon Robert Osters inks will be available in Poland! YEAAAAHHHHHHH :D

I'm waiting for order ;)

Did someone know new color MIDNIGHT SAPPHIRE?

Here is a sample, from vaness1938: https://vanness1938.com/collections/robert-oster-inks/products/robert-oster-midnight-sapphire

I'm also thinking about Graphite.... Any experience?

Oh, where in Poland? Do they ship outside the country? :D

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

Here is a comparison between KWZ Aztec Gold [iron gall] and Robert Oster Gold Antiqua

fpn_1484653948__scan_3.png

• 3 months later...

Agree with the earlier comment of nyx_h; the RO Graphite is my new favorite grey ink. Need stuck on Noodler's Lexington Grey for a couple of years, and happily so. But I wanted a darker, more professional looking grey for legal docs. After the Atlanta Pen Show last month, Graphite has become the go-to grey for both my wife and I.