M400 Tortoise Re-Edition And New 205 Blue-Marbled

novelli

Same here. If they release this in a M1000 size, I will be dead happy!

Me 2. I already have the M800 and a M400 in Tortoise issued in the 90's for a select European market (German I believe). An M1000 in Tortoise will be irresistible for me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• sargetalon

• LuckyKate

• Matlock

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are going in the wrong direction. Instead of introducing tortoises in smaller size pens, they should finally introduce a gorgeous tortoise in M1000 size...

Not only Italy. I have reserved one from Niche Pens UK.

And I from Appelboom in the Netherlands.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Well I'm not sure I should actually thank you for this information, but my pen case thanks you. :lol:

Not only Italy. I have reserved one from Niche Pens UK.

And I from Appelboom in the Netherlands.

and i'm based in south east asia :gaah:

-rudy-

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's interested here's what they looked like before they started making them look like pocket jewelry with all the gold bands back in 1985. As I recall, I paid $95.00 for it back then. :D

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh215/michaelintexas/Fountain%20Pens/Pelikan%20400%20tortopshell%202_zpsmtb1mllx.jpg

Edited by Monbla

They are going in the wrong direction. Instead of introducing tortoises in smaller size pens, they should finally introduce a gorgeous tortoise in M1000 size...

I disagree. For several years now they've made special editions/limited editions in pretty much every size EXCEPT the M400. If they had made one of the pink ones or the grey Stressemann in the M400 size I would have justified the price somehow. Not everyone has large hands. And those of us who don't? We're tired of settling for "fancy" M200s (much as I adore the Café Crème) and having the really cool colors go towards the bigger, heavier pens.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

I generally prefer the M600 size, but I could not resist the M400 Brown Tortoise, especially when Marco confirmed he can sell me one with an italic nib!!!

For all those who got this pen with an IB nib, could you tell me the tipping size approximately? Is it narrower than the M800 Italic nib? How does it write? Are you enjoying the nib?

Thanks!

For all those who got this pen with an IB nib, could you tell me the tipping size approximately? Is it narrower than the M800 Italic nib? How does it write? Are you enjoying the nib?

Thanks!

I don't know that anyone has actually received theirs yet. I will certainly post something when I get mine.

Regarding the "only for Italy" thing: If you read Marco's OP (carefully), you will discover that what is "only for Italy" is the special packaging with a bottle of ink. The pen is obviously available in other markets as well as Italy. The irony is that shipment to Italian vendors has been delayed because of problems getting the ink! :wacko: (This according to Marco.) Maybe this coming week ... :unsure:

David

Thanks!

My M400 with IB nib arrived a couple of days ago and what should I say: The nib is very wet an smooth and the line is a Little bit broader than the M800 IB nib. I JUST LOVE IT!

Mimi

Some pics for those who are ineterested:

Wow Thanks! The nib looks beautiful as does your writing.

I ordered the italic nib, thinking I'd have it ground down a bit. I did have an IB on my M800 and in addition to skipping it was just too broad for me, and not crisp enough. But the sample you show seems much narrower and crisper than my M800 IB, which was 1.5. Would you say the IB on the M400 is wider than 1.5?

Thanks so much!

I've fallen for it. I like both m600 and m400 - the other sizes are really a bit large for me - and having this to go with the white tortoise was attractive.

But the thing that really made me fall for it was the availability of a broad italic nib. It sounds as if Pelikan has realised that the serious purchaser wants more for their money than a medium :-)

Just have to hope my mother ordered the correct nib, because it's my Christmas present...

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I disagree. For several years now they've made special editions/limited editions in pretty much every size EXCEPT the M400. If they had made one of the pink ones or the grey Stressemann in the M400 size I would have justified the price somehow. Not everyone has large hands. And those of us who don't? We're tired of settling for "fancy" M200s (much as I adore the Café Crème) and having the really cool colors go towards the bigger, heavier pens.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

That was really an attempt at joking. But if you really take a look at Pelikan's history M1000-sized pens in regular production have been extremely limited. Unless you shell out some serious money there are only 2 color schemes: plain black and green striped. In recent years, the M1000 line had two special editions that were actually accessible (to my knowledge), the M1005 demonstrator and the M1005 black and they now sell at more than $300 above the regular black/green, if you can find them.

You could argue that all the fancy pens that Pelikan churns out are in M1000 size but I would argue that their price practically makes them non-existent for 99% of the pen loving population.

As for your M200 argument, M400 is practically the same pen with fancier trim and a gold nib. You always have the option to slap a gold nib into a M200 and you have the most varied choices of modern Pelikans available to you.

To quote you, those of us who really love the M1000 size are tired of settling for smaller pens to get the fancier finishes.

I'm sorry if this comes off the wrong way, but I really was joking as many of us do in these occasions. We all want the new fancy finish in our favorite pen body. I know that tone isn't conveyed in text but I found your reply to be a bit confrontational.

Sorry for the off topic post...

Lynx, beautiful pics, thank you vey much. Most of my pens are F and XF, even the Japanese pens. I came back to pens from the sketching side so I tend to go for that tight line. I was really stretching to order this one with a Medium nib...

"It sounds as if Pelikan has realised that the serious purchaser wants more for their money than a medium :-)"

I have an M200 F that came with a second broader nib that I've never tried out. Perhaps one day I'll change it in and see if I like it... can always order another nib if I decide I NEED it, right?

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso