The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Have Brand New Bottles And Packaging

diamine inks diamine bottles diamine bottled ink diamine packaging diamine boxes diamine ink bottles

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 smiorgan

smiorgan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:37

I don't like any of the new packaging, aside from the 30 ml bottles which are an improvement but will need decanting anyway. The old bottle was elegant and understated, the new one is garish with the combination of gold cap, pips and the new label with gold on black.

Also saying "it's the ink that matters" is disingenuous. Everything about the FP hobby is tactile and aesthetic, otherwise we'd all be writing with black ink in unbranded pens with IPG nibs on copier paper.

Sponsored Content

#122 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:49

Having handled the new bottles while I was on vacation in the frozen north a few weeks ago, albeit a black cap rather than gold, I kinda like them. I didn't find the cap more difficult to open than the old caps and kind of appreciate that I could get better purchase on the cap to open it.

#123 Morden

Morden

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 20:52

I was wondering why the store I usually order my inks from was all out of Diamine stock. When the inks finally came back, they had new bottles and labels, so I guess there was a transitional period during which Diamine wasn't able to ship to all retailers. Anyway, my thoughts on the new design are as follows:

More than anything, I got used to the ridges on the old glass bottles, so the new bubbles are something I'll just have to get used to as well. In other words, I don't really care either way, because on the practical side of things, the bottles are identical. Truth be told, I'm usually buying the plastic bottles. Diamine manufactures so many colours, and their plastic bottles are great samples. Enough ink to write with, low enough price for a decent size sample.

One thing I'm glad is gone are those small labels with colour names. It's great to finally have a coloured stripe with the name on it on the label itself.

There's something I'm puzzled by, though. The old label and packaging design was uninspired, to say the least. The new one is better, but it seems like something they've re-purposed from the Shimmertastic line. The label isn't rectangular, yet, the main logo is, leaving empty spaces on the sides, filled with ink blots.

Also, I'm kind of bothered by "Fountain Pen Inks by Diamine Inks". The second use of "Inks" feels redundant, and reminds me of those Marc Jacobs labels.

#124 stephanos

stephanos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2016 - 21:22

I like the new bottle design, and the packaging is much better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine inks, diamine bottles, diamine bottled ink, diamine packaging, diamine boxes, diamine ink bottles

Sponsored Content

|