The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Have Brand New Bottles And Packaging

diamine inks diamine bottles diamine bottled ink diamine packaging diamine boxes diamine ink bottles

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 rafapa

rafapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:34

I miss the marbled green Bakelite caps.  When I managed to get a bottle of (appropriately named) Evergreen with one of these green caps, I was told these Italian-made caps were no longer available.  :(

I believe the maker of Diamien bottles was Vetreria Italiana Foresta.
http://www.foresta.n...sp?categoria=60
The model has dissapeared, all there is now is the Scatola Liscia.
I believe J.Herbin and De Atramentis also get their bottles from Foresta.

Sponsored Content

#82 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:59

Actually that could be construed as "good taste;"  I ordered this ink from the Writing Desk immediately after reading your review.  I like it a lot (I never had the real MD Racing Green to compare these sort of greens to) & find it different enough from Mr. Theil's Racing Ink from Diamine that I am happy to have both colors.

Thank you!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#83 Ileach

Ileach

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:26

Right, you can read it on the bottom of each bottle. 

Support your local post office - write letters!

#84 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:28

I miss the marbled green Bakelite caps.  When I managed to get a bottle of (appropriately named) Evergreen with one of these green caps, I was told these Italian-made caps were no longer available.  :(

I think the lesson here is: never throw out an ink bottle. ;)

#85 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• 8,877 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2016 - 13:32

I prefer a black cap, but will adapt as we all will. The color name on the label is a good change. I will withhold final judgement on the whole thing until I see it in person.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#86 nyx_h

nyx_h

Rhodium Trimmed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2016 - 18:58

Ribbed for your pleasure ;) ;)

Love the new label designs! Off to get a couple 30ml bottles of the new colours :P

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. 

Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

#87 zwack

zwack

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2016 - 19:22

To answer one previous comment. The ridges on the caps might or might not provide extra grip, and the metal caps might not be a problem... But I (and to quote Gerard Hoffnung, I am talking about me now) prefer the looks of the black caps.

It is purely aesthetics and won't impact my purchasing of ink. The Ink is the product, not the bottle. However I have my preferences.

#88 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:21

Hmm, good and bad.

Good that the ink colour is now on the label.

Bad - they didn't seize the opportunity to come up with a bottle shape that is more user friendly when down to the last third of the bottle. A missed opportunity.

+1

My thoughts exactly. 

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#89 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:24

Thank you for the information.  I wonder if the triangular bottles on the Foresta web-site are the bottles by Diamine for their 150th anniversary inks?

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14c. H-B "M" BLS (PB) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c. (factory) "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#90 rafapa

rafapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 13:50

Thank you for the information.  I wonder if the triangular bottles on the Foresta web-site are the bottles by Diamine for their 150th anniversary inks?

I have both of them and they look the same to me.

#91 aeba

aeba

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 17:34

I have both of them and they look the same to me.

At least my 150th anniversary ink bottle has "mod. dep" at the bottom. Googling that says that it means a registered design. Vetrerie italiane foresta sells bottles like which 150th anniv. inks come in.

1+1=?

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

#92 zwack

zwack

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 00:07

1+1=?

10!

#93 aeba

aeba

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:31

10!

Sure. "There is 10 kinds of people, those who knows basic binary, and those who doesn't".  :)

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

#94 IrishEyes

IrishEyes

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 22:20

I like the looks of the new bottles.  As long as they're as sturdy and nearly "tip proof" as the old ones, I'll have no complaints.  I love the new packaging, and the way the colors are now stated clearly on the labels.  When it comes right down to it, though, it's the ink inside that really matters.  I can always pour it in another bottle if I find the bottle that an ink comes in to be problematic.  That said, I must really like Diamine inks.  They make up about half of the inks that I use (not a fan of many of zwack's choices in ink colors, many, many of which are Noodler's inks, but hey, ink color is a subjective thing, and I am happy that he has found inks he likes :)).  Luckily, I actually LIKE the bottles that Diamine inks come in.  Good size, compact, and almost spill-proof.  I'm not worried about the caps being slippery.  I can't imagine trying to open a bottle with wet hands!  That's what towels are for, after all :P.

Edited by IrishEyes, 02 August 2016 - 22:21.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

#95 rafapa

rafapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:27

At least my 150th anniversary ink bottle has "mod. dep" at the bottom. Googling that says that it means a registered design. Vetrerie italiane foresta sells bottles like which 150th anniv. inks come in.

1+1=?

The bottles I have from Vetreria has the same mod.dep, below them there are 3 symbols (a triangle, a rectangle and something I cannot identify), below the symbols there is a number (3 in most of them).
I don't believe they sell directly to consumers. I got mines from a friend who I don't remember how he got them.

#96 C-town

C-town

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:04

I think the new bottles look great! If I had to find one thing about them to dislike though, I must say I wish the cap stayed the same. However, if someone had trouble opening it, they could always use a grip (like the ones used to pull out nibs and feeds) to get better traction.
Really digging the new labels! Do we know when these will become available?

#97 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 13:32

I think the new bottles look great! If I had to find one thing about them to dislike though, I must say I wish the cap stayed the same. However, if someone had trouble opening it, they could always use a grip (like the ones used to pull out nibs and feeds) to get better traction.

They are available now.

#98 Margana

Margana

The Inkophile

• Member - Gold

• 2,164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 17:32

If I have to purchase a special tool to open a bottle, I would rather purchase a product that isn't hard to open. That is my standard for all sorts of packages from food to cosmetics. Even a grip can be hard to manipulate. So despite having a fondness for Diamine, there are plenty of other inks on the market with caps and bottles that are manageable. At least in the U.S., the population is aging. Companies don't have to take that into consideration, but those that do, will reap the rewards. 

From an aesthetic standpoint, I found the form of the old cap to be attractive. The new one, not so much. Maybe the old cap would not fit the new bottle. But gold? Black would have been my preference. Neutral and simple especially in contrast to the complex label. The label and cap compete so your eye does not know where to land. It's a basic design principle that wasn't applied to the new packaging. 

A certified Inkophile
inkophile on tumblr, theinkophile on instagram, inkophile on twitter

#99 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 18:07

If I have to purchase a special tool to open a bottle, I would rather purchase a product that isn't hard to open. That is my standard for all sorts of packages from food to cosmetics. Even a grip can be hard to manipulate. So despite having a fondness for Diamine, there are plenty of other inks on the market with caps and bottles that are manageable. At least in the U.S., the population is aging. Companies don't have to take that into consideration, but those that do, will reap the rewards. 

From an aesthetic standpoint, I found the form of the old cap to be attractive. The new one, not so much. Maybe the old cap would not fit the new bottle. But gold? Black would have been my preference. Neutral and simple especially in contrast to the complex label. The label and cap compete so your eye does not know where to land. It's a basic design principle that wasn't applied to the new packaging. 

I think the gold cap nicely compliments the gold in the label. It looks really smart.

But everyone has their own views on what goes well with what.

The old cap can't go on the new bottle. There would be a gap below it and above the bottle shoulders that you could trap your fingers in.

#100 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• 2,086 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 18:08

My favorite feature is the color coded section with the ink name! I have several that had the little tag on the top that are unreadable now!

Yes, I agree. Long overdue. I like these new bottles a lot.
Just got a bottle of the new Oxford Blue. Seems similar to midnight but more of a dark blue/blue black. I like it a lot. Flow is wet, no undertones of red or green, just blue. I hope it stays in the lineup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine inks, diamine bottles, diamine bottled ink, diamine packaging, diamine boxes, diamine ink bottles

Sponsored Content

|