Anyone Dealt With Penexchange.com.tw In Taipei Before?

iveyman

http://www.penexchange.com.tw/en/contactus.php

I came across the website of Penexchange Co. Ltd. on the internet (see link above) and was impressed with the wide selection of vintage, LE and modern pens, including some hard to find ones.

I became interested in one pen but the website doesn;t list the price of most pens they have, simply indicating "contact us".

I became frustrated and somewhat suspicious after contacting them numerous times by emails, electronic forms, and even by fax. No responses to my emails and electronic forms re: enquiries. Fax machine seems to be off at all times. I am beginning to suspect are they really in business. I am sure FPN members in Taipei would have an idea since their store address is on the website. Since I don't speak or write Chinese, I am feeling helpless trying to contact them for the price of the pen I am interested in and whether they accept Paypal for payment etc.

At the end, I wrote their sales manager a letter and sent it by air mail, hoping someone will respond. The pen I am interested in is a rather rare and likely expensive one and I surely want to be buying from a legitimate business.

If anyone, particularly FPN members in Taipei have dealt with them before. Please let me know. Ideally you can help me connect with someone in sales in that company.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katanankes

• Gloucesterman

• iveyman

• KKay

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I have not had any experience with them.

My caveat with your experience so far is that if it is this difficult to have them respond when you want to buy something, what will be their response if there is a problem?

You could also do a search here on FPN and do a Google search to determine any other information from the Internet in general.

Good luck...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I would not do any business with a company like that. There are plenty of good pen companies out there, that will do more to gain your business. Of course it is your money, and your decision!

iveyman -

Here is their Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/penexchange/

Looks like a popular store in Taipei.

Seems you need to call them before visiting their store - shown below in Chinese.

A bit difficult for you since you are in Canada.

住址: 台北市松山區民權東路三段163號三樓

營業時間: 周一至周五 13:00PM - 22:00PM (周日公休)

(如欲前來現場者,煩請先來電)

電話: (02) 2500-6996

I also wrote to them several times in the past. The websiste has not been updated for years, I would expect that most of what you see online is not available anymore.

Up until recently they also used to run an ebay storefront: http://stores.ebay.com/trullihsu. They did answer me through ebay, but as soon as I sent my reply the conversation ended.

I am assuming it is the same store, since the pictures and the wording in the descriptions was the same as on the website (or similar style).

I remember an old thread on this site in which someone claimed that they had lost access to their website email... not whether to believe it or not, but the morale of the story is: do not waste time after their pens, they are not able to deal with overseas orders smoothly and probably the pen you are looking for is gone.

I did not know about the facebook page. I will try to visit them in Taipei after I relocate to China next year!

iveyman -

Here is their Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/penexchange/

Looks like a popular store in Taipei.

Seems you need to call them before visiting their store - shown below in Chinese.

A bit difficult for you since you are in Canada.

住址: 台北市松山區民權東路三段163號三樓

營業時間: 周一至周五 13:00PM - 22:00PM (周日公休)

(如欲前來現場者,煩請先來電)

電話: (02) 2500-6996