Papier Plume's Sazerac

lapis

This is just a very short note to announce the issue of the third Papier Plume Limited Edition ink. More on this can be read here in the company's own site.

As with the first two inks in this series, this one also calls upon the rich colors and history of New Orleans, Louisiana. This time, it is based on the New Orleans cocktail "Sazerac" which is in fact America’s first cocktail. In the 1830s, it used to be made out of Cognac and Absinthe, and thus the magnificent, appetizing orange color. As stated here -- AFAIK the very first review of this ink – it is not excessively saturated, so that it offers a good deal of nice shading.

Here and now, only one single shot on Rhodia 90 g/m2. More later in a review by fellow member Jackokun who took care of their Street Car Green and Calle Real ("Royal Blue"). So hang on tight!

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Papier%20Plumes%20Sazerac.jpg

Personally, I prefer it over Apache Sunset because it is not as dark-light contrasty and dramatic but more lively and under control.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• Jackokun

• Barkingpig

• Aysun

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking ink (other than that I tend to hate orange).

Thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sold Out... Ahhh.... Yes, that's a problem. I mean, why should I write a note here saying that it exists if you can't buy it anymore? Maybe this is the right place to say the following:

1. First, I only re-read that myself (today) after having received it from the mailman and then typing the rest of this note. If you had ordered it in the States or in Canada etc, you'd have gotten it a week ago.

2. Speaking of orders, you could have ordered it even days (or weeks?) earlier, if you had signed up for Papier Plume's newsletter. Stop! I don't work for them. All I'm saying is that if anybody is interested, and subscribes to their newsletter, a comment can be left so that as soon as a new ink is about to appear, they'll be among the first to know!

3. AFAIK, this ink -- or at least some of them -- may experience a resurrection someday. Again, that too will depend on our forwarding of interests.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I would also say that they seem to do the releases on the Fridays, not consistent on which Fridays, but so far the last three notifications have been on a friday, But if I hear a hint of the date of the next release I'll surely post it!

you got your ink fast Mike, shipping to Canada is atrocious, normally takes 10 days any regular package.

Sold Out... Ahhh.... Yes, that's a problem. I mean, why should I write a note here saying that it exists if you can't buy it anymore? Maybe this is the right place to say the following:

1. First, I only re-read that myself (today) after having received it from the mailman and then typing the rest of this note. If you had ordered it in the States or in Canada etc, you'd have gotten it a week ago.
2. Speaking of orders, you could have ordered it even days (or weeks?) earlier, if you had signed up for Papier Plume's newsletter. Stop! I don't work for them. All I'm saying is that if anybody is interested, and subscribes to their newsletter, a comment can be left so that as soon as a new ink is about to appear, they'll be among the first to know!
3. AFAIK, this ink -- or at least some of them -- may experience a resurrection someday. Again, that too will depend on our forwarding of interests.

Mike

Edited by Jackokun

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of http://fpgeeks.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.png

Thank you for this review; I LOVE the color of the ink & would have been happy to have purchased the ink were it not already sold out. I had "passed" on the earlier special editions for PP because I was not attracted to them. THIS one would have been an exception!

I am happy you reviewed this ink & fail to see any discussion about it being "sold out," when we are constantly seeing inks from Japan which are in essence "sold out, not developed for distribution/sale outside Japan, or part of a seasonal line," (I am "looking at YOU, Bungbox Sweet Potato Purple!")

This is a unique attractive ink which I hope may someday reappear & since I have been awaiting the "second coming" of Bung Box Sweet Potato Purple for almost two years; I am not really worried whether it will reappear or not. In the meanwhile I received 8 bottles of Krishna ink from India this morning so I can "play with them" & say I was glad to "meet" another ORANGE ink that "looks like a winner" with a WONDERFUL evocative name!

(AND I have sent a request to be added to a newsletter from PP. I have ordered several times from them but was unaware of a newsletter until today.)

Thank you for this review; I LOVE the color of the ink & would have been happy to have purchased the ink were it not already sold out. I had "passed" on the earlier special editions for PP because I was not attracted to them. THIS one would have been an exception!

I am happy you reviewed this ink & fail to see any discussion about it being "sold out," when we are constantly seeing inks from Japan which are in essence "sold out, not developed for distribution/sale outside Japan, or part of a seasonal line," (I am "looking at YOU, Bungbox Sweet Potato Purple!")

This is a unique attractive ink which I hope may someday reappear & since I have been awaiting the "second coming" of Bung Box Sweet Potato Purple for almost two years; I am not really worried whether it will reappear or not. In the meanwhile I received 8 bottles of Krishna ink from India this morning so I can "play with them" & say I was glad to "meet" another ORANGE ink that "looks like a winner" with a WONDERFUL evocative name!

(AND I have sent a request to be added to a newsletter from PP. I have ordered several times from them but was unaware of a newsletter until today.)

*random interjection* I belive the sweet potato inks are available through massdrop at the moment.

Forgive me if I am mistaken, and for the interruption.

Yes they are , I saw the mass drop listing this morning as well , limited quantity as always .

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/bungbox-sweet-potato?utm_placement=0&referer=GA43CD&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-07-23&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional

:)

*random interjection* I belive the sweet potato inks are available through massdrop at the moment.

Forgive me if I am mistaken, and for the interruption.

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of http://fpgeeks.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.png