Your Favorite Lamy Safari Color?

Garageboy

After acquiring a number of different color Safari and Al-Star pens, I've decided that the real winner is the Dark Lilac. The matte finish makes it a no worry option for carrying absolutely anywhere. I don't have to worry about marring the finish as I do with the Al-Stars. I also like the black medium nib. It produces a wet line and is a super smooth writer.

Edited by 888007888

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pen Engineer

• Mike 59

• pen2paper

• christof

• 2 weeks later...

My current favorite would be the 2006 Blue with Red clip.

Fred

And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody

Outside of a small circle of friends

****Tickling the ivories****

Ochs

I'd have to say Dark Lilac and also, Apple Green. The latter is perfectly complemented by Visconti Blue ink.

I bought a Safari to use the italic nibs. The color available happened to be aquamarine. I love the color. Second would be the charcoal. All the colors are nice. I like aquamarine and charcoal best, because they are subtle.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

My favorite is still matte charcoal. Mine is an EF which writes true to width. (With the Safari, I've had EFs that wrote more like Fines.) I hope Lamy releases one or two more regular colors but with the textured matte finish. I've never liked the gloss versions.

Hi,

I am new to Lamy pens. My first purchase was the Safari Charcoal with a fine nib, which I received about two weeks ago. I really enjoy this pen very much and it writes well for me. I use Diamine Oxblood ink in this pen. I love the dark red against the charcoal pen.

I have a Dark Lilac with an EF nib on the way along with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses ink. My wife really loves purple, so sadly I may not get to keep this Lamy once she sees it. If that does happen, I will order one for myself.

Lamb South

True Beauty is when a kindly word encourages and brings an unexpected smile.

• 3 months later...

I believe Dark Lilac and the 2017 teal should become regular issues, just like Umbra.

Along with white, black and the primary colors, as well as pink and the Vista, Safari moves from a school pen to an every day carry for all ages.

The light gray with matte texture should be re-issued and matte textured white, black, primary colors and pink should be attractive to the same market that used and/or still uses the regular plastic Safari.

A matte textured French Blue and gradient of blues and pinks (from baby pink to dark magenta) would also be welcomed, similar to the green and yellow variant of years past.

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Yellow is my favorite color, followed by the Vista. I don't have any Safaris, but, if I were to buy one, definitely it would be the yellow.

Hi,

I am new to Lamy pens. My first purchase was the Safari Charcoal with a fine nib, which I received about two weeks ago. I really enjoy this pen very much and it writes well for me. I use Diamine Oxblood ink in this pen. I love the dark red against the charcoal pen.

I have a Dark Lilac with an EF nib on the way along with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses ink. My wife really loves purple, so sadly I may not get to keep this Lamy once she sees it. If that does happen, I will order one for myself.

Did you order another Dark Lilac? How does the family like them?

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?