What Is The Procedure For Ordering Ranga Pens And Ratnam/ratnamson Pens ?

thekraitmusic

I am very much interested in increasing my Indian fountain pen collection. Any suggestion would be appreciated 😊 Thanks in advance!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strombomboli

• Manofadventure

• mehandiratta

• thekraitmusic

I'll start with the easiest.

Ranga pens can be ordered through their stores on ebay and Amazon, they also have a presence here on FPN, username mpkandan. There is currently a group buy for their Bamboo pens. If you were to PM him, I'm sure that he would be responsive.

As for Ratnamson, if you are in India then I would contact them through email (ratnamballpen@yahoo.co.in) or by telephone (91-883-2498782) (I've heard that by phone is best, but in person is better). I have not had much luck with ordering directly from them through email (time difference between east coast US and India makes calling at a decent hour for both parties very difficult and with a very narrow window). I had gotten a current price list from them a few months ago, but they never responded to my emails (spread multiple times over weeks) trying to order some. I have found that the user ashishwakhlu usually has some for sale. He may be able to order some for you, but that would be something you'd need to discuss with him directly. He was selling some Supremes a few weeks to a month ago, which I had bought one from him.

• 2 years later...

I've had the same experience with Ratnamson that is mentioned above: in October, I asked if I could order pens, two days later, I got a mail with the catalogue and no further response after that. However, a few years ago, I could order pens through email.

Has anybody ever called Mr Ramanamurthy? Or else, who is answering the phone? I'm a little nervous about calling since it would be a very long distance call from Germany and English isn't my first language, so if the person on the telephone would speak with a strong accent, I might not understand him or her so well. Also I have no idea if they like to send pens around the world at all, if they're used at all to such inquiries.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

• 10 months later...

I received my pens after all on December 24th, they were a very special present.

The best way to get one, though, is to visit the company in Rajahmundry. While waiting for my pens, I actually considered this. I've never been to India ...

Edited by Strombomboli

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

I received my pens after all on December 24th, they were a very special present.

The best way to get one, though, is to visit the company in Rajahmundry. While waiting for my pens, I actually considered this. I've never been to India ...

That's great! which pen(s) did you get and how do you like them?

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just post a few photos. The green one is my old Ratnamson pen, the other two are new ones. They changed the design slightly.

post-88889-0-61660100-1581979913_thumb.jpg

post-88889-0-38015100-1581979927_thumb.jpg

post-88889-0-29946900-1581979943_thumb.jpg

post-88889-0-13702800-1581979951_thumb.jpg

post-88889-0-85455000-1581979974_thumb.jpg

What I find spectacular, is that the caps do have four (!) holes. I managed to catch two on my photo:

post-88889-0-65573600-1581980095_thumb.jpg

Not to forget: after about nine months of waiting for my pens, I was desperate and turned to Saji, the guy behind Kiwi pens with whom I had never done business but who is in India as well, even though over thousand kilometres away from Rajahmundry. I just thought that as a pen dealer he might find the right words with a pen manufacturer.

Saji was extremely kind and called the Ratnamson people. That didn't help much, but a little; most of all, I was overwhelmed by his friendliness and willingness to help. He inquired later if all had worked out well. So, if you consider buying Indian pens, please give his website a thorough look!

Edited by Strombomboli

Iris

I ordered some pens from them in the past. From India to France. It is difficult to order. You will have to call them. My knowledge of hindi didn't help but they speak a very good english. I would send the money via Western Union and they would send me the pen. It can take from 3months to a year to recieve the pen. So you will have to be patient. Ratnamson 302 are very nice pens. I wish I ordered a supreme.

• 10 months later...
On 7/21/2016 at 9:06 PM, mehandiratta said:

RANGA Pen can also be bought from following places :

• E-Bay : LINK
  • Amazon : LINK
  • Peyton Street Pens : LINK
  • E-Mail : mpkandan@yahoo.co.in

That's very helpful, thank you! Looking forward to my first...

And here's the details for the people you can converse over WhatApp :-

Ratnam Pens : Mr. Siva Kosuri : +919848918904

Ratnamson Pens : Mr. Chandrashekhar : +918985498782

Guider Pens : Mr. Lakshmanrao : +919390163779

Kim ACR Pens : Mr. Mohammad Thaufeeq : +919447229456

Deccan Pens : Mr. Farooq : +919985672552

Woodex Pens : Mr. Narasimha : +919885428100

I ordered my Ranga pens by email. Searched on Amazon, ebay and Peyton pens but in the end I placed the order via email. Now I have to wait for the delivery 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

pens arrived last week. Beautiful pens and both write smoothly. Shipping from India to UK costs $10 and no extra tax duties applied on delivery. Definetely will buy again directly!!