Tomoe River 68Gsm From Uk, Bad Experience.

dezorz

Thank you all for your posts. I think its been made clear, TR 68gms white in current worldwide circulation is wrong batch.

I am going to ask the seller to send me my money back or the cream 68gsm paper for free (if they repay my shipping cost, i have no problem to send them paper back). It is not their fault paper is wrong, but it is their fault they keep selling it eventhough they knew it was wrong.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dezorz

• alc3261

• rafapa

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about sheets but I picked up A5 and Midori TN regular size booklets of 68gsm Tomoe River and I'm pretty happy with the paper.

https://tarokoshop.com

I have tried Taroko 32 Sheets Travel Notebook size with 68gsm white TR , paper was very good, but i dint like the notebook. I preffer A6 48sheets/96pages notebooks.

Thank you all for your posts. I think its been made clear, TR 68gms white in current worldwide circulation is wrong batch.

I am going to ask the seller to send me my money back or the cream 68gsm paper for free (if they repay my shipping cost, i have no problem to send them paper back). It is not their fault paper is wrong, but it is their fault they keep selling it eventhough they knew it was wrong.

I agree completely with what you are saying here.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

It's a bit unfortunate as those Tomoe River UK prices from the s848 are comparable to US prices.

So for those in the UK, can people recommend an alternate way to get TR paper?

You could order pads from Cult Pens but it is pretty expensive.

I have ordered from paperforfountainpens or Nanami paper but postage costs are high.

Ordering from Japan via White Rabbit or similar is difficult if you don't know exactly what you need and don't speak/read Japanese.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

If anyone in the UK desperately wanted to try a Nanami paper TR journal it might be possible that I could have my arm twisted to help, since I can buy another one when I'm in the US. However, I prefer to write on the ordinary 52gsm A4 sheets for letters, so I haven't ever bought the heavier paper version as A4 sheets. :)

Voice at Rakuten, 52 gsm cream or white, 100 sheets, approx 800 yen, 800 small packet Air Mail. About 15 eur.

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick note to let you all know, this situation has a happy ending.

i sent the paper back about 2 weeks ago, which cost me approx. 8 pounds. i asked for exchange for tomoe river 68gsm cream and if possible to add some more sheets to compensate my shipping cost the way back, because i still think seller intentionally sold me wrong product.

i got a refund, full sum i originally paid but not the amount the shipping back cost me. i am not minus 27 pounds, just minus 8 pounds now. :)

well, beware of this seller.