Oldwin Art Déco Ciel D’Orage

dms525

You guys are evil! Thanks to you, I pulled the trigger on Kokedera Oldwin (aka Saft Green by Omas). Will post some photos when I get it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• zaddick

• mk2579

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are evil! Thanks to you, I pulled the trigger on Kokedera Oldwin (aka Saft Green by Omas). Will post some photos when I get it.

You are quite welcome. :P

Waiting for photos.

David

Very pretty! Haven't owned a pen with the threads done that way, not sure if it would bother me or not.

I quite like the thread placement as it makes for a clean design and ergonomics are not much different from the typical threads at web level.

if you want to give it a shot, at a reasonable cost, consider the ASA Nauka.

http://i.imgur.com/2Xj83Vv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Shmurzik -

Very nice.

Hmmm ... In the photos, the pen material looks a lot different than the Saft Green of my OMAS Ogiva. Maybe it's the lighting.

David

Given so many of the recent Oldwin pens were made from Omas celluloid, it seems sure to be saft. Variations in color could also be different batches.

I wonder what might find its way to market next?

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Shurmzik,

That is a gorgeous example of an Oldwin. The material is spectacular. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Looks amazing. I prefer this material to the Arco celluloid.

Thanks. To be honest, I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago as I am a big fan of arco celluloid and have been on the lookout for one for quite a while. I gave a call to Mr Mora to ask whether any more Oldwins are to be expected in arco and he said yes (around end of Jan - mid-Feb) but they would be EUR 50-100 more expensive due to a recent increase in prices on this increasingly rare celluloid. This put me off and I decided to go with a saft green. Looking back at it now - no regrets at all. I love how the material looks and how its appearance changes under different lighting conditions. I used to have a Milord in arco but now, having tried saft green, I think I prefer it more. Additionally, it does not come across as so flashy from distance compared to arco while being simply stunning under a closer look.

Shurmzik,

That is a gorgeous example of an Oldwin. The material is spectacular. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Thanks, my pleasure.

Thanks. To be honest, I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago as I am a big fan of arco celluloid and have been on the lookout for one for quite a while. I gave a call to Mr Mora to ask whether any more Oldwins are to be expected in arco and he said yes (around end of Jan - mid-Feb) but they would be EUR 50-100 more expensive due to a recent increase in prices on this increasingly rare celluloid. This put me off and I decided to go with a saft green. Looking back at it now - no regrets at all. I love how the material looks and how its appearance changes under different lighting conditions. I used to have a Milord in arco but now, having tried saft green, I think I prefer it more. Additionally, it does not come across as so flashy from distance compared to arco while being simply stunning under a closer look.

Thanks for the update on stock coming.

One other point on the saft green vs arco, on these pens the section and body pattern tend to be a bit off. It is less noticeable in a saft pen than the arco where it can be seen easily due to the material. Also, the arco is most beautiful on only two sides whereas other patterns are enjoyable all around the pen. That said, I wanted the arco more. :)

I got my Art Camouffle/ Extra Lucens, it writes well, but only wish the pen was polished from the inside like with the Omas Extra Lucens, as the effect here is somewhat dull vs. sparkly...

IMG_5255.jpg

Here is a picture of the Burkina Oldwin- this one I like a lot. I had to have the pen sent back for nib re- adjustment, but it now writes nicely, and looks great too IMO. Here it is with the Omas Burkina Bologne for comparison...

IMG_5292.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Kunju. I had never found the Burkina material terribly attractive in the OMAS pens. I do like it in the Oldwin Classic much more.

Happy writing!

David

Yes I know what you mean, the Burkina celluloid hadn't been on my radar at all until very recently. It's not so obvious as the arco's.

Now I am quite drawn to it in the Omas as well as Oldwin pens, but your right, in the big beefy Classic the celluloid really pops!

Here is a partial result of having read the initial review. It finally made it into rotation today. Initial thoughts are that it is a wet writer (with MB Toffee and the converter) and very comfortable to hold. I'll see how I like it as the day progresses.

fpn_1485201926__20170123_113846_resized.

fpn_1485202595__20170123_114040_resized.

fpn_1485202628__20170123_113903_resized.

fpn_1485202655__20170123_114206_resized.

Here is a partial result of having read the initial review. It finally made it into rotation today. Initial thoughts are that it is a wet writer (with MB Toffee and the converter) and very comfortable to hold. I'll see how I like it as the day progresses.

Ohhhhhh that's very nice indeed :) :thumbup:

man this is killer

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

That arco looks stunning- congratulations! One of the most stunning pens in this material I've ever seen. I wonder who got the equally stunning arco verde, and if whoever it is, will ever post pictures...