The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

How To Make A Light, Dry Ink More Wet Without Severely Diluting It?

dry ink make me wet oh baby ok the joke wasnt that great

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 21:22

The ink in question is Kingdom Note's "Aequorea Coerulescens" (https://www.kingdomn...m/2717001422257) and I swear to god if I hadn't actually put in it my pen myself I would have exclaimed "WITCHCRAFT!" and asked how the person made a fountain pen write colored pencil. It's  THAT dry. I've already put it in my best pen, a vintage-style Omas Paragon, and it is still bone dry. Are there any steps I can take to improve the flow without severely diluting this already light ink?

Thank-you for your help!

-Arctic Wolf

Sponsored Content

#2 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 21:33

The ink in question is Kingdom Note's "Aequorea Coerulescens" (https://www.kingdomn...m/2717001422257) and I swear to god if I hadn't actually put in it my pen myself I would have exclaimed "WITCHCRAFT!" and asked how the person made a fountain pen write colored pencil. It's  THAT dry. I've already put it in my best pen, a vintage-style Omas Paragon, and it is still bone dry. Are there any steps I can take to improve the flow without severely diluting this already light ink?

Thank-you for your help!

-Arctic Wolf

Try a very very tiny (pin head size) drop of Photo-Flo in a fill. It even makes the dry-as-dust Diamine Golden Brown feel more lubricated & free-flowing.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#3 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,299 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 21:42

Or any dishwashing detergent/soap.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#4 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,529 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 23:41

First do you have a WET writing pen? Try the ink in that pen, and verify that the ink flows decently.

If the ink flows in the WET pen, then adjust the nib of your pen(s).

If you do not have a WET pen, then consider adjusting the nib of your pen(s).

It might be that your pens are set to flow WET inks, so a dry ink will hardly flow.

Edited by ac12, 18 July 2016 - 23:41.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dry ink, make me wet, oh baby, ok the joke wasnt that great

Sponsored Content

|