The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Collection Of We Pens (1992-2016) & Some Extra Shakespeare Things

montblanc shakespear writers edition

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 23:48

A great, great collection of pens, and a threat to the eyes to see them all together. Thank you for your post. I also really enjoyed the shot of the Shakespeare with his ink on his notebook. Gorgeous. 

Sponsored Content

#22 Janikkk

Janikkk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:15

notebook is rulled?

#23 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 16:32

notebook is rulled?

Yes it is.
My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#24 KJY

KJY

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 16:40

Thanks for your time to display them for us.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):
Appelboom

#25 Nathanb

Nathanb

Meisterstück

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2016 - 00:04

Very nice, thanks for sharing :)

How long have you been collecting? 

#26 SL_BRABUS

SL_BRABUS

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:39

Nice collection & Congratulations on your new Shakespeare Writers Edition ...

Thanks for sharing....

Edited by SL_BRABUS, 19 July 2016 - 01:40.

#27 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:53

Very nice, thanks for sharing :)

How long have you been collecting? 

I bought my first one (Fitzgerald) in June 2003.  It took me until 2013 to complete complete the set - obviously I still continue to buy the new releases when they become available.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#28 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:39

before the photos, I apologize for the quality of the photos, taking them is not a strength of mine.

With a collection like that I wouldn't worry about taking great pictures, the photos speak for themselves. 

I'm still waiting for a WE or other special edition MB representing a person I have an affinity for to help justify the purchase. 

#29 Epigastrium

Epigastrium

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 13:24

Congratulations on your new pen! Thank you for the pictures!

I just saw the pen in the boutique & it looks very appealing in person, especially the cap!

Any ideas which "play" each small squared logo represent on the barrel?

#30 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 14:50

Rose & Dagger = Romeo and Juliet
Skull = Hamlet
The Chess Pieces = King Lear
A Crest = Henry V
Crown = Macbeth
A Swirling Cloud = The Tempest
Laurel Wreath in form of a 'C' = Julius Caesar

The above was taken from the book that comes with the pen.  I believe the more limited version of the pen has another play on top of the above.  If I'm correct I believe I was told it was A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Don't quote me on this though.

#31 Coral_Montblanc

Coral_Montblanc

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 15:45

A very nice collection but do ink up and enjoy the pen.  ;)

#32 Epigastrium

Epigastrium

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:15

Rose & Dagger = Romeo and Juliet
Skull = Hamlet
The Chess Pieces = King Lear
A Crest = Henry V
Crown = Macbeth
A Swirling Cloud = The Tempest
Laurel Wreath in form of a 'C' = Julius Caesar

The above was taken from the book that comes with the pen.  I believe the more limited version of the pen has another play on top of the above.  If I'm correct I believe I was told it was A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Don't quote me on this though.

Thanks for the info! I am so tempted by the Shakespeare WE  :rolleyes:  :blush:

#33 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:56

Thanks for the info! I am so tempted by the Shakespeare WE  :rolleyes:  :blush:

It's a very nice pen, you wouldn't regret getting it.

One of the pens in the series such as this and Woolf and Schiller in my opinion look far better in the flesh than they do in a photograph. This is because of the fine detail than has to be held to appreciate. The Dostoevsky also falls into this group did to the barrel design.

#34 LeonW

LeonW

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:13

Shakespiare image looks like  spanish painter Salvador Dali

Have to agree, only difference is in the shorter moustache and looking upwards of the elder.

#35 ThierryfromFrance

ThierryfromFrance

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 21:28

Hello Brandon, could you tell us the ident number of the notebook, because all MB boutiques do not know its existence yet! Thanks.

Thierry

#36 KAC

KAC

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:06

I've never understood the reasoning behind purchasing a pen and not writing with it unless - of course - it was bought with resale in mind. Care to explain?

#37 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2016 - 22:05

Hello Brandon, could you tell us the ident number of the notebook, because all MB boutiques do not know its existence yet! Thanks.

Thierry

I was told that the colour of mine (the page separator being yellow) is limited exclusively to only Selfridges in the UK.  The ID of the pen I bought is 116088.  I imagine the ID of other colours where ever they are sold will probably different.  I've also been told mine is being recalled so the new one might have a different ID to mine.

Good luck in getting one!

#38 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2016 - 22:10

I've never understood the reasoning behind purchasing a pen and not writing with it unless - of course - it was bought with resale in mind. Care to explain?

How many pens do you own?  And what type of pens do you buy?

I own 28 fountain pens.  It would take me 6 months to rotate them if I used each one for a week.  Why bother?  If you ink it once then this could damage the resale value.  I have a few that I use and I'm happy to own.

Each to their own I guess.

#39 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,616 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:56

Brandon, those photos made my day. Thanks for sharing.

#40 ThierryfromFrance

ThierryfromFrance

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 19:50

Thanks Brandon, I'll let you know the result of my quest...

Thierry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, shakespear, writers edition

Sponsored Content

|