The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parts And Service Needed For Early 1950's Conway Stewart Duro

parts pressure bar ink sac conway stewart executive 60 cracked ice feed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FTyrrell

FTyrrell

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:58

I told family I would like a fountain pen for my birthday and was given this lovely item, my father's Conway Stewart  Executive 60 with the Cracked Ice design. What a beauty.  But it needs servicing and parts, missing some of the original innards - the pressure bar, the feed, the ink sac.  Is it possible to obtain compatible parts and get the pen working again?

Attached Images

• 2016-07-13 00.55.48_resized.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:43

The sac and bar are not a problem to any competant repairer and a feed can be found to fit if not the original CS part.

The pen will be much improved by a good polish but suggest you leave that to others.

I dont know of pen repair people in Canada but others may comment, if you want to send it to the US I hear good reports of Danny Fudge.

http://www.thewritep...et/servform.pdf

You have a really good pen there, and even better that it is has come down through the family.

#3 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:43

I have no affiliation with him, but to keep things simple (and in Canada) I'd contact David Armstrong at The Restorers Art in Toronto.

You are in luck getting that pen, the nib looks amazing oh and BTW :W2FPN:

#4 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 13:12

A bit late to this party, but I highly recommend Danny Fudge. He repaired my Executive 60 to perfect working order and I had it back within a week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parts, pressure bar, ink sac, conway stewart executive 60, cracked ice, feed

Sponsored Content

|