Robert Oster Signature Inks – Part 3

Cyber6

Oh Gosh!!.. I am in love with Graphite too... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: ..

I haven't seen it for sale?... I gorgeous...

Thanks SOOO MUCH for posting... (I think... :unsure:)... Now I have to hunt down a bottle.. :lol: :lol:

C.

Finally, I have enabled the enabler! :lol: :lol: You're still ahead of me, because I am just about to buy some FC inks thanks to your post...

I ordered some Oster inks along with a friend, and Robert emailed him the whole list of inks available, which included Graphite and Purple Rock. I didn't get Graphite but my friend did and gave me a sample. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting it myself! Too bad the shipping to the US is too much for just 1 bottle of ink! :(

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• SamCapote

• cellardoor04

• dcwaites

I managed to get a sample of Graphite. Boy, am I in love with this ink. When wet and new on the page, it appears slate grey, but dries to a love dark blue-grey-green. I wish i had ordered a bottle of this one as it's become one of my favourite inks overall!

http://i.imgur.com/KKTHWtw.jpg

Argghh . . . !

:wallbash:

Sorry, here is another picture of Graphite :P

http://i.imgur.com/HIQD4LR.jpg

Edited by nyx_h

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

DUDE.... we hate you so much...... :roller1: :roller1:

... and strangely... we also LOVE you so much..... :wub: :wub:

Sorry, here is another picture of Graphite :P

http://i.imgur.com/HIQD4LR.jpg

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

DUDE.... we hate you so much...... :roller1: :roller1:

... and strangely... we also LOVE you so much..... :wub: :wub:

This is exactly my thought process when on this site :lol: :lol:

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I think the peach may have been reformulated - either that, or I have a mislabelled sunshine ink. The peach here looks to be quite orange and red, but the one I have is very definitely yellow. Doesn't really matter cause I'm very happy with it :)

Oh wow, I just saw this new line of inks you found! Other than his Ebay links is there a more complete list of all his choices to see in a more concise manner?

Also, since your reviews are spread out in 3 parts, which ones are clear winners, and which losers?

Love your work presenting these!

Thanks! :wub:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Oh wow, I just saw this new line of inks you found! Other than his Ebay links is there a more complete list of all his choices to see in a more concise manner?

Also, since your reviews are spread out in 3 parts, which ones are clear winners, and which losers?

Hey SAM!!!.... My FAVORITE INK-FIEND!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just cause you have tons of rare and unubtanium inks... :P)

Winners/Losers ?? Behavioral-wise.. they are all fine inks. Well lubricated, no feathering, great shading and most of them have fantastic sheen (the greens and blues are amazing). Wet scale between 6-8. Color-wise... depends on taste. I don't care about some colors (personal preference) and other are just DROP DEAD GORGEOUS !!!.

In general, I will say his blues and greens are pretty amazing, his reds... although I like some very much, he still lacks a dark red (my favorite kind of red). His oranges and yellows are really nice. His odd colors are right up my alley too... (Ex. Green Olive, Khaki, Copper). My favorites: Deep Sea Blue, Blue Denim, Sea Blue, Blue Black, Jade, Moss, Orange, Peach, Kahki, Olive Green, Copper. :wub: ... Disclaimer: They look best on a broad-wet nib. ;)

You should check Nick's swatches. https://quinkandbleach.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/robert-oster-signature-inks-test/

I should do a proper lineup of all the inks. I believe Sakura has proper swatches of all of them.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hello sweet friend! I wrote to Robert, and he has a list of 47 inks.

Not sure if all are currently available, but I'm likely going to just get all of them at once....especially with your high recommendation.

:wub: You are the Goddess of Inks ! :wub:

FORTY SEVEN!!!! :yikes: :yikes: ...fainting spell....

Oh lord... the pressure.... :wacko: :wacko:

You have a list?... I don't think I have counted that high... ;) ;)

C.

Hello sweet friend! I wrote to Robert, and he has a list of 47 inks.

Not sure if all are currently available, but I'm likely going to just get all of them at once....especially with your high recommendation.

:wub: You are the Goddess of Inks ! :wub:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

:lticaptd:

LOL - I think even Cyber6 would admit that there are a few Antipodeans who've been using the inks a little longer than she ;-)

Not all his inks are available all the time; but most are. You just need to check with him, although recently he is trying to direct people to retail outlets that stock his inks now, if he can. After all, he runs his eBay ink 'business' on top of a full-time job.

I'm a real fan of most of his inks, but there are just a few that are less successful. Some of the swatches posted on FPN & elsewhere, and some shown on Sakura Fountain Pen Gallery's site, do tend to flatter. In regular pens (i.e. not a super-wet broad hose of a pen), these can look a little ordinary. His standard reds are a bit underwhelming & some are inconsistent or a bit weird eg Copper & Viola. Fun though :-)

But there are lots of fabulous ones in his range, and Cyber6 has identified many. Deep Sea is top of my list. I think others that are good are grün-schwartz, purple rock, dark chocolate, red-orange & sunset yellow. And no one would argue that the man himself is a legend - a really charming & generous guy.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Great thread on these inks! Thank You Cyber6....

We are the first US Dealer for Robert Oster Signature Inks!

I am expecting delivery by this weekend!

Look for the inks at our tables at the DC Show!

(Site will also be updated next week..)

Contact us with any questions!

Regards,

Frank

Federalist Pens

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Look for the inks at our tables at the DC Show!

(Site will also be updated next week..)

Dude.. your timing is IMPECCABLE!!!!... :lol: :lol:

Congrats on carrying AMAZING Inks !!!! :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Pulled the trigger, and ordered all 48 colors.

Pulled the trigger, and ordered all 48 colors.

Do you plan to make a comparison review of them all? B)

Do you plan to make a comparison review of them all? B)

That would be great to do!