Show Me Your Work Desk Pen Holders For Inspiration Please

hairykopite

Evening all I'm looking for something to show my pens off at work on my desk what do you guys use or did you make your own?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmg122

• hairykopite

• TSherbs

• ac12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your title is tricky as it can be interpreted 2 ways.

- Show me your work, desk pen, holder. = desk pen base

- Show me your work desk, pen holder. = clip pens container or pen display

Desk Pen Holder as the first interpretation, will be whatever the holder is for that particular desk pen.

For clip pens, mine is simply a corn can (for fun) with paper tubes to keep the pens upright and from scratching each other.

Or use one of those multi pen display racks, like these:

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/pen-stands.html

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I don't have the luxury of a pen holder, not even a cool one made from a corn can like one described by ac12, and I dare not leave any pens laying on my desk. With three bored housecats cats always on the prowl I'm always afraid one may decide to gnaw on one of my pens or swat it onto the floor.

Work just moved to a no-assigned-desks model so I no longer have the luxury of a pen cup/holder at work. At home I keep my non-fountain pens & etc. in my Schrodinger's Cat mug.

post-97570-0-81127700-1468290032_thumb.png

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I love the schrodingers cat mugs i saw them on think geek but the postage and customs to me in the uk is too steep.

I have lucite pipe stands at work (Sorry, but I'm at home now and don't have any photos handy). They are marvelous as they do not hide the pens from any side. I also use glass flower frogs. yes, i have a lot of pens in my office.

At home, I have several options, including floor frogs and these very handy Frankoma toothbrush holders: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-FRANKOMA-Peach-Glow-Toothbrush-Holder-EXCELLENT-FREE-SHIPPING-/121936622299

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

There are many very attractive vintage designs, Pendemonium has very nice examples. http://www.pendemonium.com/storage.htm

Everything from a plain cup to toothbrush holders to the attractive pen presentation boxes which are offered with some pens brands.

Some pen owners keep the boxes, some not. You might find some that you like in The Marketplace, here on FPN or at a local pen show/pen gathering or for free in a pif, here on FPN.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Karas Kustoms sells anodized aluminum pen blocks in various colors based on a Mike Dudek design. Mike also sells wood pen blocks in multiple designs. All quite nice and fit multiple pens. Both products are available online. Photos are from their online shops.

post-36725-0-71574100-1468906769.jpeg

post-36725-0-98334600-1468906780_thumb.jpeg

post-36725-0-40090300-1468906790_thumb.jpeg

post-36725-0-28674900-1468906803_thumb.jpeg

My pen rack is a test tube rack with pegs that I place my cap on so that I do not misplace them. My cap for the Jinhao 650 is currently on the rack while I did some writing in one of my journals. I have had this rack for some years, and it does serve its purpose.

fpn_1468979497__penrack2.jpg

At home I have a mug that has its handle broken off that I use for temporary storage of pens (like overnight) that are in current rotation, or need to be flushed. I also have a fake leather case (2 actually) I got for a few bucks off ebay out of Hong Kong. They hold 12 pens each. I also have a pen wrap I use sometimes. At the office, I have a mug on my desk I keep a couple of ballpoints in and a few fountain pens. But every pen comes home with me. I don't leave my pens at the office.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain