You Are Bored, You Have A Pen And A Piece Of Paper. What Do You Do?

andreasn

Usually, whenever I have spare time and nothing to do, my mind quickly fills with interesting thoughts - they can be on all sorts of topics: reflections on the day's news and current events, something I read recently that inspired me, good ideas for work, etc. . Then I'll feel the urge to jot down these thoughts. So that's what I'd use the pen and paper for.

It also depends on the pen and what it's inked with, though - if the pen happens to have an interesting nib (italic, flex, posting, waverly, fude, etc.) or the ink that's in the pen is an interesting color - then I'll doodle and play with the pen instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkandseeds

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been transcribing from the Bible. Finished Revelations now moving onto Daniel. I find that writing them out helps me to remember it better and as I go along I get to learn the word of God better. As a nice side effect, it helps my handwriting get better or at least help keep it from getting worse. Calms me and gives me peace.

Been transcribing from the Bible. Finished Revelations now moving onto Daniel. I find that writing them out helps me to remember it better and as I go along I get to learn the word of God better. As a nice side effect, it helps my handwriting get better or at least help keep it from getting worse. Calms me and gives me peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm bored. I'm waiting for the glazier to arrive (he said late morning at the earliest and early afternoon at the latest. As it's now 1:48pm on Monday so I gather it will be any minute.), I'm also waiting for 2 painters to call back and a quote for our new blinds (due last Friday afternoon). So I'm writing in my best handwriting, about anything that pops into my head - frustration about waiting, what I just read in the paper, what I can see out the window & my lunch!

I always write, whether it's my long story book, or short story book, or my diary that is written in English, Dutch, and Indonesian depending on my mood. I never get bored of writing. I'm addicted to it since I was a little kid. Sometime I practice Cyrillic alphabets.

Edited by Schadenfreude

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

added:

small piece of paper: usually doodle and just write my name and a hello

more than a piece? long words that come into my mind, practice flexy

i dont make a to do list because i'll end up not doing anything on the list

Edited by Schadenfreude

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

Hi,

Write a letter on the page, then do some origami using that page.

If done in the Meeting Room, placing a giraffe on the table lets the presenter know to move on with loping strides.

(I am learning to fold a baboon to indicate monkey business; but for meerkat mentality, I need many too many pages.)

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Hi,

Write a letter on the page, then do some origami using that page.

If done in the Meeting Room, placing a giraffe on the table lets the presenter know to move on with loping strides.

(I am learning to fold a baboon to indicate monkey business; but for meerkat mentality, I need many too many pages.)

Bye,

S1

:lol: love it, Sandy1 !!!

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Write topics which I later publish on my blog. Trying to work on a story and creating a world where that story will take place. I am working on creating a religion in that world which is where different pens filled with different inks come in very handy.

How big is the piece of paper? If it was big, i mean really big, and the ink was purple, i could take an awesome adventure like Harold did with his purple crayon.

(Harold and the Purple Crayon is a great kids book of imagination.)

CRVs!!! I write Co-Razy-Views aka thoughts about my current pen and ink on half of the paper and then mail the letter off to one of my pen pals who is equally addicted to interested in pens and ink and then post the results in the CRV forum.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Letter to a friend. Songs titles to make the ultimate playlist. Home cleaning schedule. List of decorating ideas/ renovations plans

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/09-September/slides/2016-09-22_36.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I ultimately devote myself to practice writing alphabets for eternity.

Its oddly satisfying to see the ink flows as your handwriting gets better though.

When alphabets forms words to sentences to an essay, it just never stops for me to keep on writing.

Especially, when your handwriting is good and you can make your friends envy you! :lticaptd:

That's all there is to it for me actually. Nothing more, nothing less.

I color-coordinate my plans for world domination, plus the extermination of all zucchini (aka poison slug of the vegetable kingdom).

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.