You Are Bored, You Have A Pen And A Piece Of Paper. What Do You Do?

andreasn

What can you think of, other than the usual draw or write a short story. Let's get a list going to eliminate boredom forever!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkandseeds

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't that enough? :lol:

Transcribe stuff, maybe? Song lyrics or whatever (says the girl who has entire computer folder of iPages files of song lyrics...).

I also tend to write stuff like "to do" and shopping lists, and directions off of Google Maps or bus schedules.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Write me a nice letter. Never got one from Finland.

Support your local post office - write letters!

I cou

Write me a nice letter. Never got one from Finland.

l could write you one if you wan't. It might take a while to get to you though, I can't send it until about a week from now, and it will probably take another week to arrive. Our post service isn't very fast. PM me with your address and i'll write.

A rough draft of a R-69S with Earls Fork the one without sidecar.......

then I ditch pen and paper..go to said bike and go for a ride.....

{freakin'happysmileyfacetimethingie}

Fred

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144, . . .

or

3,9,27,81,243,729,2187, . . .

or

a plan for next year's vegetable garden.

Helppo elämä, but I am not noir enough. No time for introspection.

I watch pen, paper and ink reviews on utube while I write snarky comments.

Saves me time and aggravation as I don't have to type them into utube comments and deal with the consequences.

Swatches, writing samples, letters, doodling, lists, notes on reports, maping out what Pokémon Gyms I'll take over.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Bored with pens, ink and paper around? You must be joking! I don't have enough time to enjoy them in full, do all the things I want with them. Even watching paint dry on paper can be exciting.

Edited by alexander_k

I am neurotic. i don't get bored. However, I met Mae exactly one time, in July 1968. We exchanged a letter each month for 42 years. She willed to me her father's Green Marble Parker Duofold. Last week, while waiting to watch fireworks, I wrote her a letter. I told Mae what a great life I have had, and thanked her for her friendship and inspiration.

" To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die." (Thomas Campbell)

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Write a letter, scribble, doodle. (I wouldn't call what I do drawing most of the time) , write in a journal, plan my day. Lots of stuff- notes in meetings. Tomorrow morning I have a 3 HOUR training at work. I will be taking notes. Then another one on Thursday afternoon. Maybe I need to run down to OfficeMax and get another couple of Made in Brazil composition books.

The last one I went to was about 60-90 minutes and I took 7+pages of notes. That was about a week ago.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Notes for my book.

Classroom or teaching ideas.

Drawings for my book.

A grocery list for the next time I get to a city.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

-Doodle

-Agenda/ "To-Do" List

-Test current rotation

-etc...

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Writing poems (in Indonesian), and after that I take a photo of it (with the pen of course) and post it on instagram

I have a journal I started at the beginning of the year. I try and write in it daily. Not only do I put the information from the days events in it, I also use it to put down information from my past history. That way my wife and daughter and grandchildren will have a direct record from me of all the family history that I can remember, No more of this, story heard from someone who heard from someone and it changes over the years. Too much of that already!!

I never run out of things to write then. Even if it is only a page or two here and there. It is still better than boredom! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I love transcribing song lyrics, looking for quotes to write out and I just got a pocket size Leuchtturm in which I've been writing my DVD library. I also keep a journal and write in it every day. Would really love to get into calligraphy as that's ultimately what I'd love to do with song lyrics.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” Bill Wilson

I usually pick the pen up before I get bored. But even when I'm bored I've got something to say. I pick up a pen and say it in my journal. Or I edit and revise a work-in-progress. Or I start a letter to a friend.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.