What's Your Favourite Looking Montblanc?

max dog

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• Pravda

• Axis

• Tom Kellie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've owned many different Montblanc pens, from hard rubber vintage through celluloid flattops to new writers editions, but I think the best looking Montblanc is the black 146. It'll be 70 years soon, but the company sees little need to come up with an improvement to the basic design.

Fred

I've owned many different Montblanc pens, from hard rubber vintage through celluloid flattops to new writers editions, but I think the best looking Montblanc is the black 146. It'll be 70 years soon, but the company sees little need to come up with an improvement to the basic design.

Fred

Do you even own a Montblanc anymore? :yikes:

You need to find a different sub forum :D

See you in DC!!

Edit> so I contribute to the thread......... my favorite looking MB is the long ink window 139

Edited by talkinghead

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

Out of my collection, the Leonardo. Out of all Montblanc, the Octavian.

Voila, the Octavian again.

fpn_1470287519__montblanc_octavian_1.png

fpn_1470287550__montblanc_octavian_nib.p

At the moment my favorite looking Montblanc is this Blue Hour Skeleton:

BlueHourSkeleton.jpg

That's a beautiful pen. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 year later...

~ max dog:

For this, that and the other idle reasons I reread this thread from afternoon into evening.

It's a visual education, with a free tour of so many fine-looking nibs and pens.

It was so thoughtful of you to have followed-up on the various posts with both comments and images, where appropriate.

Over the past few years I've gradually learned which pens are especially appreciated:

• 139 long ink window • Hemingway • Christie • Dumas • Burgundy Pens • Solitaires in Barley or Pin-striped • Moon Pearl • 1912

This thread opened my eyes to the 220/221 and the Cool Blue Starwalker, both previously unknown to me.

As I originally posted in 2016, I continue to write with and admire a 1953 3-42 G. Reliable and discreet — both appreciated in a work environment.

Throughout reading through this today I asked myself if there was any pen which somehow grabbed my heartstrings.

Whether a respected vintage model, a Skeleton, or a Patron of Art, or a Writer, or another Limited Edition, or a Donation Pen, or the standard classic Meisterstück series.

In all candor, there's not a one which pulls me, such that I sit and daydream about it. A few types of nibs, yes, but pen models, no.

While I enjoyed reading the views of others, nothing stood out and whispered to me: “You need me on your desk.”

I've read and reread FPN's Montblanc pen reviews, wishing that the gaps might someday be filled by reviews from those purchasing older models.

If I were offered any Montblanc pen without considering the nib, I'd stammer with uncertainty as I lack any “grail pen”.

What I currently write with more than satisfies me, as far as pens go, although they're all black pens, save for a single Atlantic Blue Cruise ballpoint.

Is there any mad notion about any out-of-character Montblanc pen which I ever ponder? Well, maybe there is.

However, it remains so improbable that I wouldn't call it a favorite, but rather regard it as no more than a recurring passing fancy.

Thank you for having opened and curated this thread. It retains its interest in 2018.

Tom K.

A blast from the past..!! What a thread. Very nice pieces you see here. From Page 1 I got face to face with my Genghis Khan, which I recently arranged to trade for something else.

I wonder if people's tastes change over time. If we were to re-participate in this thread what would we come up with?

Tom, Pravda

I forgot about this thread. Thanks for bringing it back.

I just went through it from the beginning and enjoyed seeing all those pens again. I recall it opened my eyes to the wide range of designs Montblanc has done over the years and how they push the envelope in creativity, some more popular than others.

Post #55 brings back some fond, but emotional memories.

I was blown away when Axis inked his skelotonized Axis Mundi just for this thread, which I think was the first time many of us ever saw a magnificent Skelotonzied Montblanc inked up.

Edited by max dog

There's something about the silver rings and gold band. Hemingway is a very close second. Any MOP is a solid third, but there's something about the squared off ends. IMG_0158.jpg

+1

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

I would still say the Grace de Monaco, as I did the first go. The look of the skeletons & that Ghengis Khan have grown on me more though since that time.

The blue hour skeleton is still at the top of my list.

I had the opportunity to purchase one last year, but opted on something non pen related this time around.

The thrill of the hunt is still alive and well :)

The absolute grail pen of my dreams right now:

Montblanc%20Meisterstuck%20for%20UNICEF%

http://d3ba08y2c5j5cf.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/17143129/montblanc4-806x474.jpg

Others on my wishlist;

UNICEF Meisterstück Solitaire

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/116/083/116083/246682-ecom-osis-sq-04.png.adapt.450.450.png

Virginia Woolf Writers' Edition

Proust Writers' Edition

My favorites owned fountain pens even if I like all are:

39726467831_f27cd741e1_b.jpg

The favorites in the pens I don't own are:

s-l1600.jpg

Leonardo Artisan 74

f9cd569675de30ba0efd1f4480c10b4c--john-k

JFK Artisan 83

http://carlnyorai.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Montblanc-Great-Characters-The-Beatles-Artisan-Edition-88-5.jpg

Montblanc Artisan The Beatles 88

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/assets/discover/limited-editions/heritage/1280x720_LE_Heritage_1914_11.png

Montblanc Heritage 1914 Corail

The absolute grail pen of my dreams right now:

Montblanc%20Meisterstuck%20for%20UNICEF%

http://d3ba08y2c5j5cf.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/17143129/montblanc4-806x474.jpg

Others on my wishlist;

UNICEF Meisterstück Solitaire

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/116/083/116083/246682-ecom-osis-sq-04.png.adapt.450.450.png

Virginia Woolf Writers' Edition

Proust Writers' Edition

The skeleton one is beautiful. Looks very similar to the blue hour skeleton pen to my opinion...which is awesome as well :)

Personally I don't know what to think about the Solitaire version...looks clunky kind of...but fascinating at the same time.

That I own, is my Boheme roller ball. I like the Czar Nikolai, I would like to own one someday because my grand parents were subjects of Czar Nicholas II prior to coming to America.

post-83125-0-16358200-1516138409_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, I'm new here.

This is one of my favourite fountain pens from Mont Blanc. I believe it is a 144?

Cap & End Cap - Platinum plated.

Barrel - Engravings on black resin.

Nib- 18k two tones | M | Ink converter.

I really like this look of this one. Could anyone identify the precise model? Is it the vacheron constantin?

Edited by Blueberry567