The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker "45" Fountain Pen - Jfk Presidential Memento

parker collectable

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PensivePenPal

PensivePenPal

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2016 - 15:11

I recently came across one of my father's pens.  I searched Google and almost immediately came across the following link for a book that actually shows the pen on page 11:

"The Presidential Pen - the first fifty years"

http://www.loringpag...bookupdate.html

Apparently this was a memento pen.  Not sure if it was used in signing anything

My questions are:

1. Has anyone ever seen this type of pen before?  For all I know it could be as common as a Bic pen from Wal-Mart or could be collectable
  2. If there might be come collectable value then...the pen is in excellent shape, but the cap looks like someone held it in their mouth and/or chewed on it.  Is there any kind of repair that could be made? (of course I mean a professional service provider not a home repair).

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Attached Images

• JFK-Parker45deskpen.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,026 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2016 - 19:19

You might be able to find a new cap, black with chrome trim ought to be around somewhere. 

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#3 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 11,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 16:56

As pajaro said above, try to find a replacement black CT 45 cap for your pen.
Khan M. Ilyas

#4 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 17:04

Or you could find a suitable base and use it as a desk pen...

#5 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 11,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 17:10

Or you could find a suitable base and use it as a desk pen...

That would be the best solution. A cap is, somewhat, redundant in case of a desk pen.
Khan M. Ilyas

#6 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• 13,026 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 17:56

That would be the best solution. A cap is, somewhat, redundant in case of a desk pen.

Yes, but it allows you to cap your desk pen and put it away inked, knowing you can get it later, and it should write.  I have even capped a few and taken them to work.  It's a real enabler.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#7 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 11,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 18:31

Yes, but it allows you to cap your desk pen and put it away inked, knowing you can get it later, and it should write.  I have even capped a few and taken them to work.  It's a real enabler.

I agree. Finding a cap for one's desk pen would be an added advantage as you say.

And I think in the instant case any 45 cap would do the job. Even a steel one taken from another 45 pen that is not in use at the time.

Edited by mitto, 09 July 2016 - 18:41.

Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, collectable

Sponsored Content

|