The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Franklin-Christoph Inks !..

franklin-christoph inks

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2016 - 21:07

Really??...   Would it be too evil of me to send you some samples???...   ;)

C.

Well honestly I've grown tired of chasing inks. I have enough ink for multiple lifetimes. I'm sure these are great inks, but I have many Noodler's, OS (original incarnation), Sailor, KWZI, F-C, MB, and probably brands I don't remember that are excellent to great. For me, I can't justify buying them just to say "I have them." It's not going to make my life better, it won't improve the world, or bring peace everywhere.

There are so many great Noodler's, Diamine, KWZI, etc inks and no one talks about them anymore on the forum. And I think that's a bit sad because those inks are pretty easy to get. At least US/EU. There's so few people using fountain pens I'd hate to think they would be turned off thinking they had to get some exotic ink. I know you don't think that way, but that's the impression we give based on what we post.

Anyway I don't even need samples. I have samples I've never even gotten to yet. Sigh.

Much love!

:wub:

Sponsored Content

#22 cello

cello

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2016 - 22:07

I purchased a few of these "blind" when I bought a pen from FC.  Love the pen, and also love the inks.  They are some of my favorites - Terra Firma and Loden being the standouts to me.  Black Cherry is a hidden gem to me, being a "black" ink that hides it's attributes from others.  Those hidden special colors that peek out are one of my favorite ink moments. 

If you need more ink (!!!!!!!) be sure to try these out.  I can't imagine much disappointment! 

#23 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 00:20

Yes!!... Is a thousand times better than Pelikan Aquamarine...  My opinion of course.   I should post a comparison.    Tine.. time....  so little.   ;)

C.

You can do it Cyber6! :D

A cheeky request - could you also compare it to Diamine green black?

#24 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:27

You can do it Cyber6! :D

A cheeky request - could you also compare it to Diamine green black?

I won't bother with Diamine Green Black.. that one is just a dark green, no blue/teal tones.

Here is Pelikan Aquamarine vs FC Midnight Emerald...   As you can see, Pelikan looks like a washed out Midnight Emerald.. :P

fpn_1468038283__fc-midnightemerald_comp1

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#25 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:47

There are so many great Noodler's, Diamine, KWZI, etc inks and no one talks about them anymore on the forum. And I think that's a bit sad because those inks are pretty easy to get. At least US/EU. There's so few people using fountain pens I'd hate to think they would be turned off thinking they had to get some exotic ink. I know you don't think that way, but that's the impression we give based on what we post.

Well... that is a little of an unfair statement.  Everyone wants to know about that latest inks, regardless of the brand.  :D

We are not talking about Pussier de Lune (who cares).. but Carube de Chipre (sp?) is coming and the ink world is a buzz.. (or buzzed?)  .. Same with Noodlers and KWZI... if they were releasing some new colors, I am sure people will be talking about them.

Just a quick peak at Ink Reviews.. shows that a big percentage of reviews (and multiples reviews of the same ink) are for Noodlers and Diamine...  So, I am sure that newcomers to the hobbie will still understand that Noodlers and Diamine are a big name in the Ink world. ;)

You are one of my favorite ink-mate at FPN Cheryl.. is just my opinion ok.. :)

Much love back at you .. :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#26 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:10

I enjoy reviewing new colors and discovering new producers. Personally I think Aquamarine is much better ink than F-C one - it's behaviour is better and it offers some water resistance. When it comes to color I rather dislike both of them :)

#27 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,892 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:46

I won't bother with Diamine Green Black.. that one is just a dark green, no blue/teal tones.

Here is Pelikan Aquamarine vs FC Midnight Emerald...   As you can see, Pelikan looks like a washed out Midnight Emerald.. :P

fpn_1468038283__fc-midnightemerald_comp1

Thank you :thumbup:

An interesting comparison indeed. The FC seems to have much more substance to it.

#28 Martinsroom

Martinsroom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 21:18

Lovely review, thank you. If I ever gather the funds for a Franklin Christoph pen then I will add some of these for good measure.

#29 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:15

Thanks for posting this review. I wanted a side-by-side comparison since it removes differences in monitor displays.

I wanted to address the odd numbers. They're Pantone color numbers, a universal system for calaoging every color, saturation, and hue value in the universe. If only women's make up used Pantone numbers! I could find that perfect blue-leaning purple in a cinch ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: franklin-christoph, inks

Sponsored Content

|