The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pictures Of The New Aurora 88 Sole

aurora 88 sole aurora 88 sole fountain pen writing iguana sell

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Iguana Sell

Iguana Sell

IguanaSell

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2016 - 17:09

Aurora 88 Sole's release is nearly here!

As you may know the new Aurora 88 Sole will be released during this summer, specifically, this piece will be available by the end of July.

As we have had the chance to have it in our hands, we would like to share some pictures with you all!

The fountain pen will be available in EF, F, M, B, BB. In order to get to know more details about this novelty please click here.

Remember you can already pre-order this spectacular pen in our website. Furthremore, if you would like to know more information do not hesitate to contact us through info@iguanasell.com

Attached Images

• desc1.jpg
  • desc3.jpg
  • desc4.jpg

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

Visit our store: 90, Nuñez de Balboa, (Central Business District) Madrid, Spain.

Sponsored Content

#2 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2016 - 18:40

I am a sucker for cigar pens... but why-oh-why... the finials are black??  .. .Not crazy about the black/orange... I think I would have preferred an all orange pen.  

My opinion of course... it still is a beautiful pen..  ;)

C. 

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#3 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 22:27

I am a sucker for cigar pens... but why-oh-why... the finials are black??  .. .Not crazy about the black/orange... I think I would have preferred an all orange pen.  

My opinion of course... it still is a beautiful pen..  ;)

C. 

All-orange is tacky.   Even Delta is easing back on their funny offering.

#4 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2016 - 23:00

All-orange is tacky.   Even Delta is easing back on their funny offering.

WOW..   I guess I should be more careful at properly worded opinions.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#5 Sabin

Sabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:15

Sole means Sun in Italian..

It starts in the morning when is dark and ends in the evening when is dark again.

Black at both ends makes sense to me..

#6 Iguana Sell

Iguana Sell

IguanaSell

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:10

Hello everyone and thank you for your replies and opinions!

Sabin that's a really beautiful metaphor it does make sense. Furthermore, as the corners of an Aurora 88 are round shaped they are really difficult to fabric in marbled resin, this is why the brand decided to use black resin instead.

Kind regards,

Iguana Sell
Visit our website:

Visit our store: 90, Nuñez de Balboa, (Central Business District) Madrid, Spain.

#7 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:05

The 88 line deserved a nice diversification for some time as they did with the Optima's.

IMHO it will bring a nice refreshment to the 88 lineup without damaging the classic appeal of the 88's.

I've got several from both and also by the reaction of people to these pens I believe they are timeless peaces. 

Will be looking for the first chance to grab the Sole!

Current modern daily users: Aurora 88 modern; GvFC Classic, Montegrappa Reminiscence, Nettuno Superba, Omas AM87 orange, S.T.Dupont D-Line black lacquer, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Iride + a few good Japanese pens as the PG and the 3776.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

#8 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 21:12

Hello everyone and thank you for your replies and opinions!

Sabin that's a really beautiful metaphor it does make sense. Furthermore, as the corners of an Aurora 88 are round shaped they are really difficult to fabric in marbled resin, this is why the brand decided to use black resin instead.

Kind regards,

Iguana Sell

That's a good reason for the decision, but couldn't Aurora have handed in the savings to the customer?

Just sayin'...
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#9 Monbla

Monbla

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:57

This is one lovely looking pen for sure! But it IS NOT an 88 ! The 88 was a hooded nib'd pen . This new model will NEVER be an 88 for me !!

#10 Iguana Sell

Iguana Sell

IguanaSell

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2016 - 13:55

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us!

It is indeed a beautiful piece, and you are right the 88 model has been updated since it was first created around the 1950's but its the details and shape what keeps it iconic!
Visit our website:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora, 88, sole, aurora 88 sole, fountain pen, writing, iguana sell

Sponsored Content

|