Jump to content

The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team


What's My Pen? (Yt Video)

identify sheaffer crest fountain pen

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Melinda


    Dipped Only

  • Member - Silver

  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:42

Hi - I'm getting back into fountain pens and wanted to revisit a pen I bought in the 90s - a Sheaffer 18K gold electroplated fountain pen with black lacquer body. I'd like to know the name of it and also what sort of converter(s) would work in it so I can use bottled ink with it.


I've posted a video on YouTube showing the pen, box, and what little documentation I saved:


A YouTube commenter was kind enough to point me to this forum; the same commenter supposed it is the Sheaffer Crest (Reissue) Black w Gold Cap - Extra Fine 18k Nib. Note there is a '750' on the pen (and mine), which apparently is the nib ("conical Triumph nib. Extra fine").


Bonus question! What converter can I use with this pen? Would a Pilot Con 50 work? Or does Sheaffer only accept proprietary converters? I prefer piston converters, not the squeezy kind.


Thanks so much. :)

Sponsored Content

#2 jar


    A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,162 posts
  • Location:From Deep South Texas
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2016 - 13:24

First, welcome home.  Pull up a stump and set a spell.  I don't watch videos but from the text and initial picture I can say it is a reissue Crest.  It will take the Sheaffer piston type converter or Sheaffer Cartridges.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 mitto


    Ancient Artifact

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:38

As jar said above your pen is a Sheaffer Crest reissue. For detailed information you may visit this page:


You may also read this thread:


Edited by mitto, 05 July 2016 - 01:55.

Khan M. Ilyas

#4 mitto


    Ancient Artifact

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:45

To be more precise, this is your pen:

http://www.sheaffert...lack laque.html
Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: identify, sheaffer, crest, fountain pen

Sponsored Content