A5 Envelopes In The Us?

Rhincodon

Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows of a source to get not-super-fancy envelopes sized for A5 writing paper. I love G Lalo, but it sometimes seems like too much for a one-page letter. I know Clairfontaine produces some that aren't very expensive, but are there other options? Basically, I got a pack of like 100 once when I was in France and I am looking for a similar product.

Any help is appreciated!

I'll come up with something eventually.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anne-Sophie

• Rhincodon

• knarflj

• estie1948

I would check local art stores: Flax and Patrick and Co in SF, Paper Source in Berkeley.

http://flaxart.com/store

http://www.patrickandco.com/storefront/Envelopes-R-195-locations/

https://www.papersource.com/envelopes/envelopes.html

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Thanks Crissy, I forgot about that.

I bought an envelope template, from Flax, many, many years ago.

The template is made of hard plastic, the size is called standard and can be made of a U.S letter size paper, use printer paper for your first envelope, so that you can have a lightweight template and work out exactly how to fold and where to glue. This will enable you to make good looking envelopes in nice paper.

It fits both half letter size paper and Rhodia Pad #16, A5 paper, both folded in 2.

In France, this is the kind of stationery that is given to children and teens to express gratitude for gifts, write during summer camps, or to friends and pen pals.

It is a nice format to send quick note that has too much information for a postcard or/and want to be kept confidential.

It is also the same format as a correspondence card which, when used in the customary way, can only be written on the lower/ left hand side, inside page which is fine for a very short greeting, but too little for a letter.

I bend the rule and sometimes use a postcard, a greeting card or a correspondence card and add one or two sheets of A5 paper to share what I have to say and use the inside page of the greeting card for the salutation.

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I don't wish to appear overly common (even though I am overly common), but I use Mead envelopes. I buy mine in either boxes of forty or eighty. They are readily available in this area.

-David (Estie).

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

I don't wish to appear overly common (even though I am overly common), but I use Mead envelopes. I buy mine in either boxes of forty or eighty. They are readily available in this area.

-David (Estie).

I do pretty much the same thing David does - standard no. 6 ¾ size envelopes. They're not a perfect fit, but the width is close enough (a little wider than necessary for A5, but not overly so). You can't just fold an A5 sheet in half, though. I usually fold the bottom up about ⅔ to ¾ the height of the envelope and then turn down the top so the folded sheet is just smaller than envelope height. I can understand wanting the perfect envelope for your paper, but so far none of my correspondents have complained. :)

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

For A5 paper not folded you need C5 envelopes. A good option is C6 which takes A5 folded in half.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Thank you for the replies, everyone! Apologies for not coming back to this post for so long.

I have thought of making my own envelopes, especially when seeing beautiful paper available (and one of my penpals makes her own, and they're so cute!), but I am... lazy, haha. It's something to look into! I am only just trying to decorate my envelopes with washi tapes and stamps, so I am slowly getting more creative.

I will look into the Mead envelopes, as they sound perfectly suited to what I was looking for! I guess I hadn't looked into different sizes; my small American envelopes are a bit too narrow for A5 paper and I wasn't sure what other sizes were possible. Silly me.

I'll come up with something eventually.