Just got my pen in the mail. It is clear Demo with a Bakul Body w/ polished finals. The size & weight of the pen is just right for me and section is not too wide as to be uncomfortable.

For a handmade pen the fit and finish is quite incredible. The threads of the pen (my main areas of concern) are butter smooth. I also love the feel and look of the Bakul finish and it does a good job of hiding the machining marks inside the barrel.

I can't comment on the nib since I used a Jowo M ground to a Stub by FPNibs.com. The nib units fits perfectly into the section without any fusses.

The only knock I have is there were still lubricants & residue from the manufacturing. A good scrubbing with detergent with enough to get rid of them. Apart from the that, the packaging was a little too much. However I have heard horror stories with India Post and such the packaging could be justified.

Overall great job Mr. Pandurangan and Mr. Kadan. I am highly impressed.

http://i.imgur.com/W30Xwar.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/USkzljl.jpg

Edited by Kaleidoscope

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• sillyman

• EbonitePen

I seem to have missed the boat... Any ideas when I can get one of those Regular sized Bamboo in demonstrator with the clear finials? Also, these are #6 nib compatible right? Last question; can I fit a converter into the ED version? Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gfan4T3.jpg

TOP 5 [last updated: Sept 16]
PENS | Sailor PGIB H-F | Pilot Falcon Black Resin SEF | Pilot VP 2016 LE Guilloché Binder Architect | Pelikan M405 Blue EF | Platinum 3776 Kawaguchi F |
INKS | J Herbin Bleu Prevenche | Sailor Sei-Boku | Pelikan Edelstein Jade | Diamine Autumn Oak | J Herbin Lie de The |

my pen arrived more than a week ago, sorry for not posting earlier, but I immediately put it to work...at work.

After some surprices on the colours of the regular ebonite in previous Ranga group buys I decided to play it safe and ordered the clear demo.

The first thing I have to say about this pen is that besides its looks, it is really a comfortable shape and size (my size is the regular bamboo not the giant). It feels really well balanced in the hand, and although still being a fairly big pen, the slightly smaller section helps to hold it comfortably, especially since I do not have very large hands. Moreover the section length which is longer than average helps not to place your fingers on the threads as you write (at last! good design Ranga!). In addition the bamboo wavy pattern also sort of helps the pen to fall well in the hand, and lastly the satin finish is just pure pleasure to the touch.

The nib is a regular Jowo steel B, which arrived in very good shape (regular flow, no skipping, hard start or any other issues) and after a short run of figures of 8 on a micromesh 12000 it now runs also extremly smooth.

I took out the converter, washed the pen with soap, rinsed thoroughly, added silicon grease to the barrel threads and also to the nib threads,

filled it up with JHerbin Eclat de Saphir ink and was ready to go.

As ED it holds a huge amount of ink! (I did not fill it completely but I measured by comparison it could hold at least 6-7 ml!)

At the office I did get quite a few "what's that?" remarks first, and then some "oh, nice!" also...

Honestly some I caused in one of the meetings, but really could not stop playing around with it and turning the pen in my hands to see the ink swirl inside!

The looks are really nice. As already well captured in some previous photos the translucent material emphasizes the colour of the ink you put inside, making it look very different depending on the ink, while the clear ends pick up the light! (although my pen was almost empty when I took the photos...)

attachicon.gifIMG_4069-3.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4072-3.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4073-3.jpg

One very small issue is I find some ink inside the cap at times, it might be that I did not put enough silicon in the nib threads inside the section.

I will check it, although I also tend to put it in a protective sleve and just thow it inside my bag to and from work...where it may be getting a rough ride on the bus...!

All in all, I am really happy with the final result of this pen and thanks Ranga again!

Thanks a lot Mr.Sansenri Sir,

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

My standard Ranga bamboo arrived!! It's really gorgeous... The polished finnials make a contrast with the bakul body and cap :)

I haven't inked it already, but I wanted to show you what a beauty I have at home:

Ranga bamboo 1

Ranga bamboo 2

Ranga bamboo 3

Thank you very much for this opportunity and for the detail included :)

Thanks a lot Mr.Papish Sir,

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Mine arrived and I filled it with Emerald de Chivor. I also slightly smoothed it and it looks and writes like a dream!

Thanks a lot Mr.EricTheRed Sir,

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Just got my pen in the mail. It is clear Demo with a Bakul Body w/ polished finals. The size & weight of the pen is just right for me and section is not too wide as to be uncomfortable.

For a handmade pen the fit and finish is quite incredible. The threads of the pen (my main areas of concern) are butter smooth. I also love the feel and look of the Bakul finish and it does a good job of hiding the machining marks inside the barrel.

I can't comment on the nib since I used a Jowo M ground to a Stub by FPNibs.com. The nib units fits perfectly into the section without any fusses.

The only knock I have is there were still lubricants & residue from the manufacturing. A good scrubbing with detergent with enough to get rid of them. Apart from the that, the packaging was a little too much. However I have heard horror stories with India Post and such the packaging could be justified.

Overall great job Mr. Pandurangan and Mr. Kadan. I am highly impressed.

http://i.imgur.com/W30Xwar.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/USkzljl.jpg

Thanks a lot Mr.Kaleidoscope Sir, Big Thanks to Mr.Vaibhav Sir for making it happen

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I seem to have missed the boat... Any ideas when I can get one of those Regular sized Bamboo in demonstrator with the clear finials? Also, these are #6 nib compatible right? Last question; can I fit a converter into the ED version? Thanks!

You can buy directly from mp kandan.. However group buy prices will not applicable.. And yes they come with #6 nib.. U can't fit converter in a ED version.. But u can use version with CC Mechanism as a ED..

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

You can buy directly from mp kandan.. However group buy prices will not applicable.. And yes they come with #6 nib.. U can't fit converter in a ED version.. But u can use version with CC Mechanism as a ED..

Thanks for replying. Do you have any demonstrator pens that use #5 nibs instead?

http://i.imgur.com/gfan4T3.jpg

TOP 5 [last updated: Sept 16]
PENS | Sailor PGIB H-F | Pilot Falcon Black Resin SEF | Pilot VP 2016 LE Guilloché Binder Architect | Pelikan M405 Blue EF | Platinum 3776 Kawaguchi F |
INKS | J Herbin Bleu Prevenche | Sailor Sei-Boku | Pelikan Edelstein Jade | Diamine Autumn Oak | J Herbin Lie de The |

beautiful demonstrator, I'm in!

Ranga Bamboo

Regular size

Demonstrator

Matte with polished finials

Eyedropper only

No clip

Ambitious flex chrome

how do I register?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Acrylic version and it has a funky smell. I even washed it thoroughly with disk soap but to no avail.

Anyone have this problem and any solutions to getting it out?