The 2016 W.e. William Shakespeare Has Arrived!

Bunny_Police

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandonA

• Pravda

• Bunny_Police

• Tom Kellie

The office release party is in about two weeks time at The Globe Theatre. I'm looking forward to attending. Free food and drink followed by A Midsummer Night's Dream....

seriously? wait....

seriously? wait....

I meant official and not office, but yes, what I wrote is correct.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I meant official and not office, but yes, what I wrote is correct.

that's ... well... droll is what I will call it

Instead of a Shakespeare bobblehead one can receive a MB fountain pen? ;)

Looks like something Jinhao would sell for $5.

My first thought as well! Definitely not feeling the design of this one...

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't make Shakespeare part of the Great Characters series.

This pen and the Tolstoy seem to be a shift in the design philosophy for the WE pens. So far, the mismatched cap and piston knob concept has been pretty unappealing. I suspect the declining number of pens in the WE editions indicates that I'm not alone in feeling that way.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't make Shakespeare part of the Great Characters series.

This pen and the Tolstoy seem to be a shift in the design philosophy for the WE pens. So far, the mismatched cap and piston knob concept has been pretty unappealing. I suspect the declining number of pens in the WE editions indicates that I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Although WE are produced in higher numbers and sold at a budget friendlier price than POA and Great Characters , they are quicker sold out than their more expensive nephews.

Looks like something Jinhao would sell for $5.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw it, but was afraid to be too harsh, since I always critique these limited editions they come out with. I do like the white part, but why do they put a metal ring with laser engraved symbols that look so cheap?

--Also, I am not a fan of the metal section they keep passing from limited edition to limited edition.

It must be cheaper to produce. I cannot think of why else they would have it on all the pens. Wouldn't it be nice to have one of their designers give us an inside peek into their design process?

Anyway, thank you for the pics!

It looks a bit like a kit pen to me. I would prefer the less dressy Montblancs.

A little Jinghao-ish, but I'am afraid I like it. Those luscious metal threads plus the textured white barrel are nice for a change. Not sure about its section geometry, thou.

Just don't put it side by side with a Thomas Mann.

Mi blog "Mis Plumas Fuente" contiene evaluaciones en lengua Castellana, muestras de escritura y fotografías originales de las plumas en mi colección.

Visítenos en http://misplumasfuente.wordpress.com/

Looks pretty meh. Anyone have any info on an accompanying ink?

I could only hold the ink bottle up to the light yesterday, but I would say that The ink is quite a nice red, similar to the writing seen on the Shakespeare's box.

I could only hold the ink bottle up to the light yesterday, but I would say that The ink is quite a nice red, similar to the writing seen on the Shakespeare's box.

You guys I wrote up a mini review about the ink a few days ago.. head over to that forum lol

Much prefer the Omas (RIP).

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

Quoting from the writer,

It was the best of fountain pen, it was the worst of fountain pen.

I am totally speechless, and relieved to have saved the buck for other pen.

Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.../JFK

I am in the city today, NYC, so decided to pop by Fountain Pen Hospital. I was there just as they received a shipment of these.

My first impression, I am impressed. The pen looks great in person, great feel and balance. Did not feel cheap or as gaudy as the Tolstoy.

Packaging was terrific too.

I had to run out to get lunch, but totally forgot to check, is it a cartridge converter or a filler?

The pen can be posted, but not secure. Unposted felt great.

The cap went on and locked with a satisfying click.

Having lunch now, but totally thinking about the pen.

They have like 8 or 10 in medium, and 2 in fine.... Decisions decisions.