The 2016 W.e. William Shakespeare Has Arrived!

Bunny_Police

Hi everyone,

I stopped by my local boutique earlier today, and noticed that they were selling the new 2016 William Shakespeare Writer's Edition fountain pen! The one I looked at was the limitation of 8700. I didn't see the 1597.

It's available for $900, and I took a few pictures to share with the fpn community, as there don't seem to be any out yet. I spoke to the store manager and he told me that they were selling them a month before most other Mont Blanc boutiques.

Please see the pictures below:

Any opinions are always welcome :)

post-79206-0-27362400-1467199648_thumb.jpg

post-79206-0-56705600-1467199779_thumb.jpg

post-79206-0-52770900-1467199812_thumb.jpg

post-79206-0-30722700-1467199873_thumb.jpg

post-79206-0-86229800-1467199931_thumb.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandonA

• Pravda

• Bunny_Police

• maksim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sooo curious why it looks much more pretty in pictures than it did in real life when I saw it.

Thanks for the pics Bunny_Police :) I know you and I frequent the same boutique, hope to run into you again sometime.

I am sooo curious why it looks much more pretty in pictures than it did in real life when I saw it.

I definitely agree with you there!

When I was uploading the photos I noticed that they looked surprisingly good compared to when I saw it in person.

When I was uploading the photos I noticed that they looked surprisingly good compared to when I saw it in person.

Really? Do you mean in real life is even uglier than in pictures? :yikes:

Thanks for the pics

Really? Do you mean in real life is even uglier than in pictures? :yikes:

Thanks for the pics

Been passing by the boutique a lot lately because I was having something repaired in a near by shop. I always thought 'What's this horrible pen they have installed in the window lately'.

The time I went in they asked me 'Have you seen the new Shakespeare?' and I was 'Don't tell me its that thing outside'.

It was.

Airbrushing

vaseline on the lens

soft focus

Yuck.

Well....at least the ink looks promising....

Edited by bjmoose

It's a beautiful pen but I'm afraid that the design doesn't stand out amongst the other Writer's Editions we have seen. I have to agree with Raif79 that a Shakespeare deserves better.

Airbrushing

vaseline on the lens

soft focus

No airbrushing, maybe a little grease on the lens, and I'm not sure about soft focus.

I snapped these photos on my mobile, using 'auto' mode...

If the 8700 seems to be this unpopular, I hate to think what people will think about the 1587 limitation on the Shakespeare!

I saw it at an event about a month ago, and definitely felt that this one was nicer. :s

I'm not loving it so far!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

No airbrushing, maybe a little grease on the lens, and I'm not sure about soft focus.

I snapped these photos on my mobile, using 'auto' mode...

If the 8700 seems to be this unpopular, I hate to think what people will think about the 1587 limitation on the Shakespeare!

I saw it at an event about a month ago, and definitely felt that this one was nicer. :s

I think he was just being sarcastic :)

Thanks a lot for taking time to share the novelty with us :)

I saw the official booklet with good pictures showing the whole set.

I wasn't convinced at all at first but I must say I find it quite nice now and very curious to see it in the metal. This is definitely very different from what Montblanc does in its classical line-up and it will certainly bother many users prefering more traditional designs.

However, I must say that this kind of character and style is, IMHO, what these limited editions are all about. They certainly don't aim at pleasing the majority. I think that from an edition to the other, it is just nice that at least one appeals to one's tastes. We don't have to like them all.

My opinion is that these editions would be very boring if they looked classical and, hence, very similar.

Otherwise, one of the big assets of Montblanc pens, and especially LEs, is the finishing level (lacquers, beautiful resin polishing, engraving etc...).

If the combination between the black polished parts and the golden ring works as well as it does in the Steinway 4810, it may look very nice.

The little ring showing WS's 7 main pieces are my favorite detail.

FYI, the barrel's decoration is about the quill that was used at the time.

I'm not a fan of octogonal shapes but I find the rest very nice. This shape is made after the Globe Theater's shape (so is the cap's top part representing the scene).

I'll have a look when it comes here thanks!

Just curious. What's that white-color section on the barrel made of? Precious resin? Leather?

I'm not sure it's a good idea since I tend to find random ink on my fingers once in a while and might accidentally stain that part.

PS: I assume the WE ink for 2016 is the red color on the box?

They need someone who actually likes fountain pens to design their new models. Hideous!

Edited by jpierson

The office release party is in about two weeks time at The Globe Theatre. I'm looking forward to attending. Free food and drink followed by A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I'm on the waiting list for the pen so hopefully I'll get it fairly soon.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.