Stolen Pens: Tell Me If You See These On Sale?

Rubicon

Hi friends. So recently I had my entire backpack stolen in Berlin. I know it was stolen because the thief put everything that wasn't valuable- my math notes and my e-book, inside a plastic bag where someone else found it and tracked me down. This is how I know I didn't lose it for sure.

Inside are these four fountain pens.

1. Nakaya Fox and Harvest Moon. No reviews for this one.

2. OMAS 360 Vintage LE (Turquoise) https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/231641-review-omas-360-vintage-turquoise-le/

3. Montblanc WE Franz Kafka https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/187199-montblanc-franz-kafka-le-2004/

4. Nakaya Milkly Way https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/266365-review-nakaya-naka-ai-cigar-raden-milky-way-07mm-stub/

My box and papers are at home in some other country, so I don't have the LE numbers of two of these pens. But in case you see them on sale with Nakayas, especially if the seller is in Germany and even Berlin, please me if at all possible so I can contact the police and bust them. I know details about the pens down to what color and brand of ink were in the pistons. The two Nakayas should be extremely rare and the likelihood that there are other copies of them on sale in Germany or Berlin is extremely low... If you see them, specially together, they're probably mine. In the meantime I myself will be trawling the flea markets of Berlin as much as possible.

I know I'm not within my rights to ask you to please do not buy them if you come across them, but I feel absolutely gutted right now. I literally can't sleep. I don't care about anything else I lost in that backpack, not even my Macbook Pro.

Thanks so much!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mulrich

• inkstainedruth

• Rubicon

• fountainpagan

This is awful! So sorry to hear about this theft! Will keep an eye out!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Rubicon, I'm so sorry to hear of the theft. Will keep an eye out, and I hope this resolves in your favor.

Some people have no morals.

I hope your pens find their way home to you.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I'm so sorry that this happened.

And you are well within your rights to ask people not to buy them!

I hope you recover the pens.

I hope so much that you will get them back somehow. Such a shame how mean people can be. Remember to consult the police, there's always a way!

I feel so awful just reading about it. I am so sorry this has happened to you, and I will certainly keep my eyes open looking for them to be on sale. :crybaby:

Try looking on ebay.de every day if you can.

I am terribly sorry for your misfortune.

I will keep an eye on it.

Question: you say for us not to buy it. But, wouldn't it be better, if one of us comes across with it, to bid and get it, just to secure it for you, instead of risking it to go eventually to someone not aware of the issu?

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Ouch, I feel your pain. What a horrible thing to happen. If I come across them, of course I will let you know.

I am sorry for that and I hope you will be able to recover your pens. My laptop was stolen a couple of years ago and this was a hard blow. It was never recovered and I had a severe financial and data loss.

However, perhaps you might want to expand your search, it is highly unlikely a perpetrator would list stolen goods on ebay, from the exact location they were stolen. Most probably they would be appropriately chanelled to another EU country and sold from there. So most probably you wont find them in Berlin.

Edited by fplover01

Sadly, I myself am not likely to be of immediate help because none of those brands are in my search list. I hope you manage to recover at least some of them. It would be fairly unhappy to lose nice pens. Losing some electronics goods or similar to a thief is unhappy because of the fact of theft but they are more readily replaceable; a pen has a personal quality as a tactile writing instrument.

X

I am terribly sorry for your misfortune.

I will keep an eye on it.

Question: you say for us not to buy it. But, wouldn't it be better, if one of us comes across with it, to bid and get it, just to secure it for you, instead of risking it to go eventually to someone not aware of the issu?

Buying goods you know to be stolen is a crime - no matter what the intentions. It would be better to report it and let the authorities deal with it.

I know that Sandy, of course. But by the time the authorities intervene, would the goods still be there? That is what I meant: we could always secure them, and then report the seller, no?

But, sadly, I do not think they will appear at ebay. More likely to find them at a german Craig's list, if ever...

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

I'm so sorry that this happened.

And you are well within your rights to ask people not to buy them!

I hope you recover the pens.

Well, if they are bought, there would be a way to trace the money to the Paypal account/owner of the jerk that did this. If someone sees them for sale, why not initiate contact offering to buy them and then when you have the Paypal details, forward that to our OP here, and send the thief like 1.00 dollar just to have a trail to trace. Of course, this is just me thinking of a way to cast a little net over their head, but...maybe it wouldn't help as much as I would hope...

I would think, though, that with the paypal account of the thief, the cops would have some REAL, tangible way to locate this guy...

Edited by sirgilbert357

What a horrible thing to have happen. I know how I felt when I've lost pens. But having them stolen? That would just make me angry. Definitely get the authorities involved. I don't know how things work in Germany, but here in the states when people have had pens stolen, they check with local pawn shops as well as eBay.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Insurance? My homeowner's insurance covers me for loss/stolen items....

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

You need a small amount of paranoia when traveling. I dont understand why you carry two nakayas, an Omas and a Montblanc in your backpakage instead of one or two Pilots v5 or a uniballs ballpoints with you, I sinceriy belive you will find them just because it happened in Germany, but who knows.