Montblanc Flip Flap Fake?

williamisthe1

Hi I just bought a Montblanc Flip Flap 3 pen pouch on eBay from a seller with 100% feedback but the label on the box says Lvory instead of Ivory. So I'm question the authenticity. Did I buy a fake?

http://i.imgur.com/zKUMDk9.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/qAqXQan.jpg?1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elysee

• williamisthe1

• penparadise

• Chrissy

Hard to say. But from the picture the pouch looks real. Montblanc used to distribute these pouches in two (or was it three?) different styles, two different sizes and a lot of different colors.

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

While I cannot comment on the Lvory on the label, the pouch appears to be authentic. I own SEVERAL of these in the various colors and in both sizes (the two-slot and three-slot versions). There should be a Montblanc imprint on the back of the pouch at the bottom. The imprint should have two rows of letters with MONT in the first row with a Montblanc six-pointed star within a circle raised up at the end of the T and BLANC in the second row below that. The case should be formed and have a solid feel with only the tongue (I will call it that for the lack of a better word) which is attached to the wrap around top being bendable but still reasonably stiff.

Did you buy it from Carlo? If you did then it is authentic. I have purchased several Montblanc pen pouches from Carlo -- Carlo is great!

You will enjoy your flip-flap pouch. The flip-flap is my favorite pen pouch as it provides great protection for my pens: the flap prevents mishaps as the pens cannot slide out on their own.

Edited by elysee

Thanks guys, I did buy it from Carlo the pouch does feel really solid and the back does have Mont on top and Blanc on the bottom. I was just a little worried about the spelling on the box and didn't want to get played. But I am keeping it.

Thanks guys, I did buy it from Carlo the pouch does feel really solid and the back does have Mont on top and Blanc on the bottom. I was just a little worried about the spelling on the box and didn't want to get played. But I am keeping it.

Then, no worries as Carlo sells only authentic Montblanc pen pouches. All my transactions with Carlo have been great. Enjoy your Montblanc Flip Flap pouch! : )

Edited by elysee

• 4 months later...

I believe that you will like this: "Lvory" in Slovak is "Ivory" in English. So, the box was marked for sale in countries such as Slovakia, Croatia, and Bulgaria where Slovak is spoken (https://www.alsintl.com/resources/languages/Slovak/).

Spending some time usefully here, I noticed this post. I apology in advance, because English is not my native language.

Since I am residing in Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is a part of Eastern Europe, in the middle of the Balkans Peninsula, please allow me the following humble intervention:

Croatian and Bulgarian language might be considered as having the same language roots in Slavic language, thru history. But, during the elapse of time, those languages- Croatian and Bulgarian- have become independent, "sui generis" languages. Common linguistic rules, language structure and grammar of each of those languages /Slovak, Croatian and Bulgarian/ have separated each one of those languages. Therefore, Slovak language is spoken in Slovakia only (and probably in some geographical areas of Czech Republic, inclining toward Slovakia, if I am not wrong), and not in Croatia or Bulgaria. Croatia has it's own language- Croatian, Bulgaria- Bulgarian. Croatian and Bulgarian people cannot speak Slovak language, nor vice versa, as their native language. Croatian language may be written in Cyrillic (which is not popular in political sense), but Bulgarian language is written in Cyrillic only.

I do not know how the things are going with Slovak word for "Ivory" (whether it's "Lvory" or something else), but in Croatian, it's always "slonovača". Therefore, it's very useful of being careful when relying on various Internet sites, like the one cited in the above post, including Google (or other) Translator.

• 1 month later...

Spending some time usefully here, I noticed this post. I apology in advance, because English is not my native language.

Since I am residing in Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is a part of Eastern Europe, in the middle of the Balkans Peninsula, please allow me the following humble intervention:

Croatian and Bulgarian language might be considered as having the same language roots in Slavic language, thru history. But, during the elapse of time, those languages- Croatian and Bulgarian- have become independent, "sui generis" languages. Common linguistic rules, language structure and grammar of each of those languages /Slovak, Croatian and Bulgarian/ have separated each one of those languages. Therefore, Slovak language is spoken in Slovakia only (and probably in some geographical areas of Czech Republic, inclining toward Slovakia, if I am not wrong), and not in Croatia or Bulgaria. Croatia has it's own language- Croatian, Bulgaria- Bulgarian. Croatian and Bulgarian people cannot speak Slovak language, nor vice versa, as their native language. Croatian language may be written in Cyrillic (which is not popular in political sense), but Bulgarian language is written in Cyrillic only.

I do not know how the things are going with Slovak word for "Ivory" (whether it's "Lvory" or something else), but in Croatian, it's always "slonovača". Therefore, it's very useful of being careful when relying on various Internet sites, like the one cited in the above post, including Google (or other) Translator.

You will have to take that up with Google Translate and with Mont Blanc.