The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy: Red

lamy red ink ink review

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ImCannibal

ImCannibal

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:20

My favorite color is red/black and this ink was a little disappointing when it turned out to be basically pink. It writes well out of a stub nib, decent lubrication, no issues with it drying in the pen at all.

http://imgur.com/ClcomrN
...it is impossible to overlook the extent to which civilization is built up upon a renunciation of instinct....
― Sigmund Freud

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2016 - 17:35

ClcomrN.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#3 ImCannibal

ImCannibal

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2016 - 23:15

Thanks for helping me out! I post on here from my phone so it's a bit of a pain resizing my images
...it is impossible to overlook the extent to which civilization is built up upon a renunciation of instinct....
― Sigmund Freud

#4 taimdala

taimdala

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2018 - 00:42

ClcomrN.jpg

I love your quotes, especially the first two ;). (Though Nietzsche wasn't any slouch in the quotables department, either.)  And thank you for posting the picture. It really does look like the red isn't dark enough to warrant the name but is, disappointingly, a strawberry.

#5 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2018 - 14:31

I bought a package of Lamy Red cartridges just to try out the color. 

Lamy Red is indeed very light and strawberry-pinkish.  I'm not fond of the color, but I do have to admit it is a good annotation color for note-taking.

Edited by ErrantSmudge, 08 June 2018 - 14:31.

#6 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 21:27

This was one of the few locally available inks, which contributed to keeping me away from fountain pens as it looked pink... But with more experience I can attest that with the right pen, with a wet nib, it can indeed look red. I already have Diamine Poppy Red so I have no use for it.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, red, ink, ink review

Sponsored Content

|