Can This Pen Be Save? Or Is It Dead

Leogrando

Hello I found this pen in auction website, the pen is part of the meisterstuck. The Condition is listed as junk. but i want to know if it could be safe or fix? and also if you could help to identify the model number?

Thank you!

post-130473-0-48616800-1466958561.png

post-130473-0-50265900-1466958734.png

post-130473-0-17841900-1466958753.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• Leogrando

• meiers

• CS388

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montblanc can fix it. In fact a good soak in warm water with a spot of dish soap would work wonders. That is a 14ct gold nib there and it's a 146 piston filler. It's definitely not junk :)

Be very careful though, the piston might be stuck, so don't force it.

This is a Meisterstuck 146. Definitely not junk. I would say after a nice flush and wash, maybe take it to Montblanc for a Service 1

Montblanc can fix it. In fact a good soak in warm water with a spot of dish soap would work wonders. That is a 14ct gold nib there. It's definitely not junk :)

Ahh, Thanks for the solution, I will try it. Btw, what do you think is the funny thing that cover the pen?

Thank you

Actually, why didn't I say "Yes it's dead. Please send it to me so that I can bury it' :lticaptd:

No, Don't Bury it. I think it's still breathing...

This is a Meisterstuck 146. Definitely not junk. I would say after a nice flush and wash, maybe take it to Montblanc for a Service 1

OH NICE, Thanks friend. hope to recover it. Also, what usualy will service 1 do ?

Probably just dried ink. People are assuming it is a 146 and a piston filler, but you should ask the seller. There are fakes of this pen that are filled with a converter.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Probably just dried ink. People are assuming it is a 146 and a piston filler, but you should ask the seller. There are fakes of this pen that are filled with a converter.

That one isn't a fake though. It has a clear ink window in the barrel.

Nice find. Congratulations.

As others have said, a service from Montblanc could be in order...

BUT ... before you go there, try giving it a long soak. Just plain water, nib down and water up to the section (the bottom part of the barrel). Give it a couple of days and ... you never know, could be all it needs.

If it doesn't work, you've still got the MB service option.

Good luck.

Great find! Far from junk this would be a great pen after some TLC. Take the good advice posted thus far. Soak it and if it does not work send it off to MB service. You will get a fully functioning pen back.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Hi,

If the piston is recalcitrant, this Topic may be of use, though removing the nib+feed assembly may be unwise: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/247577-removing-dry-ink-from-pelikan-800/?p=2702379

And then there's this : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/229245-limit-to-soaking/?p=2453755

My approach to pen recovery is to 'do the most with the least', and often involves a few fills of ye olde Parker Quink with SOLV-X and much patience.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.