What Twsbi You Are Using Today?

prashant.tikekar

Today I received a 1.1mm stub nib unit for my Vac Mini (which I bought with a fine nib), so I've been trying that out. So far I'm enjoying it - that pen is filled with Iroshizuku Kon-peki.

I'm also using my 580AL fine, filled with J. Herbin Lie de The.

Edited by HoosierGeek

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prashant.tikekar

• Misfit

• Tasmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am using a clear Eco with 1.1mm nib with Diamine Wagner. It been almost a week since I received it and has been a fun pen to use. Waiting on a medium left oblique nib from fpnibs to try with it next!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Three Vac700s. Two with Goulet B nibs. One with Goulet 1.1 nib. All in blue ink, different versions. 580 red and blue with blue ink and broad nib. The Twsbi pens are great. I have been using the 700s for three years (daily) and the 580 for two years. These are the only pens I carry.

The other creatures with which we share the earth are not inferior underlings. They are other nations - sharing with us the basic problems of survival. Roger Tory Peterson

• 2 weeks later...

Vac Mini / EF / Lamy Turquoise inked July 20 (daily carry since - almost empty)

Diamond 580 / EF with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise inked Aug 12 (mostly full)

ECO Clear / EF with Cross Violet inked Nov 3 (looove this ink)

ECO Lime / EF with Aurora Black inked Nov 6 (I couldn't think of a good color match for the lime)

I love their EF nibs. Nice and fine for my tiny handwriting.

My Diamond 580 AL Pink arrived yesterday. Filled it with J. Herbin Bouquet D'Antan - a perfect match!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

My first, but surely not to remain only, one - a Diamond 580 I picked up at the Ohio Pen Show. I like it a lot, and I will definitely love it once I get a F or M nib for it (came with a broad). Wow, I see what the fuss is about now.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

580 AL orange with Diamine Majestic Blue, M nib

Eco with Noodlers Blue - what a great true blue ink, M nib

580 with Antique Yankee, 1.1 stub nib.

• 2 weeks later...

Used my Vac700 today in my freezing room. Everytime I needed to write with it for extended periods, the warmth of my hand made the nib splurt out huge blobs of ink! Destroyed a lot of notes :/ So smooth though and such a faithful workhorse all this time

I finally received my 580AL pink, 1.1 stub. Murphy's law was in full force this time, so I had to learn patience. I inked it with Pelikan 4001 Violett and had a very nice time trying it out.

I think I used all of my 580ALs at least once today. They are all great writers!

I finally received my 580AL pink, 1.1 stub. Murphy's law was in full force this time, so I had to learn patience. I inked it with Pelikan 4001 Violett and had a very nice time trying it out.

I think I used all of my 580ALs at least once today. They are all great writers!

Some pics please.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my Eco 1.1 stub w/Black Swan in Australian Roses

post-132773-0-25149000-1481842690.jpg

"Never be a spectator to unfairness or stupidity" (Christopher Hitchens)

I am using a TWSBI Diamond 540. It was bought "pre-order" from The Writing Desk. It writes great ! The cap, however, is all busted up, and held together with duct tape. I stepped on it.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I use my Diamond 580AL silver, fine nib, daily. It's currently inked with Iroshizuku Take-sumi and I am really enjoying that combination. I also like Diamine Bilberry, R&K Alt-Goldgrun, and Iroshizuku Kon-peki in it.