What Do You Use Your Pen(S) For?

Bergerac

As we all know, Montblanc is a highend, professional and of course, an expensive brand.

I'm curious. What do you use your pens for? For example, I use my 3 Mb's for a variety of reasons.

I use mine while talking to clients and making notes.

The odd personal letter that I write.

The "3 positive things that happened today" that I jot down in my notebook.

It would be interesting to hear about other people use their pens for...............

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

• dubhe

• Bergerac

Notes for work, handwriting practice. Occasionally university assignments but that's pretty rare anymore with the incredibly math-intensive courses I've been taking.

I use them for everything. Literally. Writing at night, writing at work, taking notes, while out with clients, while talking to my parents.. I like to live by the idea that pens were made to be used, in spite of their cost.

I usually just use them for work.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

I use my pens for almost everything! I find myself using fountain pens a lot especially when writing revision notes. My hands fatigue easily if I use ball point pens.

Everything from filling out forms to writing letters. I use them at work, in meetings and on site. I never use a ball pen, so if I need to write I use a fountain pen.

I like broader wet nibs but unfortunately the paper at work does not, I use a fine nib in these situations. When I'm taking my own notes on my own paper, they all get used.

Fountain pens: general purpose in writing at home, pencils and document marker for books, rollerballs & ballpoint pens in moajority for travel for work. All them are Montblancs (35 at the total).

Too much to list, really. Everything I write is written by fountain pens, so they're used on a daily basis. I don't have a 'collection' as such, my pens are all workers!

On the rare ocasions that I have to fill in a form with a copy sheet underneath, I'll abandon my pens and grab a Bic Crystal - there's always one nearby, they're often handed out with such forms!

I also carry a pencil with me (standard wooden Faber Castell) for non-permanent stuff.

Thanks.

I use my fountain pens at any opportunity I get for everything. But when in airports, banks, government offices etc I carry a ballpoint as well just in case.

Apart from the obvious I have to say that I am guilty of having the odd MB on the desk just as an uninked piece to both look at and handle (was going to put fondle but that just sounded wierd). Done that on a few occasions.....get a touch of inspiration when deep in thought about something and twiddling a WE or LE.

Do I need help ?

fpn_1351595654__18ctmb_2.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

fpn_1466708538__iminanahtrangstateofmind

Your friend and mine,

Fred

listening to I'm In A New York State Of Mind....Billy Joel

next up the Velvet Frog's rendition of said song

I have been using my MB FPs for writing. For what else? Always I have at least one of my 149s in backpack. Today I was sitting in a park and writing my journal.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

I have a vintage 144 with an OBBB nib that could work as a flat screw driver, however all i do with them is write, barely anything really useful though being in IT almost everything is done with a computer.

I guess the only reason i still pay my credit cards with cheque even if i could do it online, is so i can use my fountain pens to write them :lticaptd:

fpn_1466715972__doodle.jpg

Yes, you're right, Tom. But I am a bad sketcher so I use only 50% of my pens options. :wallbash:

Edit: Ah, yes, I can sketch chemical formulas!!!! :)

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

I would love to use it every time, but it is hard to do so - as fountain pen requires fine paper to write on. I use F nib but it's still pretty broad for a cheap paper.

I mainly use it to study in home. But I do bring it with me as I consider my 145 as a lucky pen.