The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pilot Vanishing Point Retractable Mechanical Pencils

pilot vanishing point mechanical pencil vp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2017 - 18:34

Interesting to note is that the H-200x and H-300x series was originally sold with a nice hard plastic PILOT presentation box and a folded paper manual.  You very rarely see these appear, as such things tend to end up lost or thrown away over the years.  Well, one finally appeared with box+papers and I was set to bid a 75% premium over the going rate of the pencil alone (in very good condition but without sticker)... However, my plans were foiled by a fairly recent YJP bidder who has appeared on the scene, scooping up rare and collectible mechanical pencils (I've spotted their ID winning a number of them in recent months).  Unfortunately this one caught their eye.  We had a bid war to the end and they won.  I just wasn't willing to shell out nearly double the cost of the usual closing price for this H-2005 model.  I saw them pick up an original PILOT Automatic 0.5mm pencil NOS for 80,000 JPY, so it's hard to compete with that kind of bidding power.   :angry:

So here it is.  A rare treat to see!

Pilot_VP-_MP_H-2005_box-900.jpg

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, vanishing point, mechanical pencil, vp

Sponsored Content

|